Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Lisa L
Melbourne, Australia

Not nightcap but poor lunch

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 30 Dec 2018
Could only find this listing, had lunch here in Dec and it was just ok. Just below Standard pub food, steak was tough, over cooked. Got vegies when ordered salad. Others got fish which did not smell the best but they said it was ok. The chicken schnitzel meal was like a senior size meal, my hubby got home and cooked himself some food as he was still hungry.
Not very enticing nor comfortable seating.
Would we return, no as there are too many other great pubs in Victoria to eat at.
Just remember this is just a pub, some say its the best one in Ferntree gully!!! Oh my.
Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
3.0 of 5 bubblesService
Ferntree G, Manager at Nightcap at Ferntree Gully Hotel, responded to this review
Responded 6 Jan 2019
Thanks for taking the time to review our venue. We are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your meals or enjoy your experience. If you would like to contact us on (03) 9758 6544 we would be more than happy to discuss your review and any other concerns you may have.
Many Thanks
14.4 km from Nightcap at Ferntree Gully Hotel
8.5 km from Nightcap at Ferntree Gully Hotel
Spa
View more hotels in Ferntree Gully
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 November 2018 via mobile

Found this hotel very comfortable spotlessly clean great location and very helpful staff. Great value. I stayed here for 3 nights and despite being on the highway was very quiet. The hotel next door was an added bonus. Gateway to The Dandenong Ranges.

Date of stay: November 2018
1  Thank lmredfern
Reviewed 29 October 2018

Our stay at Ferntre Gully Hotel was perfect. We stayed on a weekend for a wedding.
Housekeeping staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was neatly presented on time so we could get ready for our event.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful two nights stay. Room is good in size and had received amazing service from all staff. Would like to give the credit to extreamly professional and helpful housekeeping team for maintaining the top level of cleanliness and friendly atmosphere. Bed was really comfy and bathroom was exceptional. Thank you for make our stay memorable. Definitely will return.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank rkarneshi
Reviewed 3 October 2018

One impression can make all the difference and while this is not my first stay here unless I have a good reason to it might be my last. I'm told reasonably reliably that the Ferntree Gully Hotel/Motel has changed hands hence I guess the adding of Nightcap to its name. My reason for staying here was a visit to my daughter who lives nearby, I have stayed before and my daughter used the function facilities for an occasion. It is local to the Dandenong's but little else. The rooms are dated but adequate to put your head down. While I noted the car park reasonably full I was allocated what could be described as a family room as it had a doorway between the room I was in and the next room. Needless to say I could here all. The TV minute, the internet should have been intermittent. The single beds pushed together and made hurriedly. There was a blast of noise after I had gone to sleep I'm guessing from a compressor of sorts. The young lady at reception was very polite and professional. As an enticement to patronise the hotel I was given a voucher for a pot of beer. Asking for a VB the barman advised that I would be better taking another option. I did so and asked for a Great Northern. I would hate to think what the VB must have tasted like not only was the Great Northern fowl in taste but had zero bubbles in it. It disappoints me to have to say this as I been satisfied with my stays previously i.e. put my head down. When there are other options available all be it slightly dearer I might have second thoughts.

Date of stay: September 2018
AnthonyB5124, Manager at Nightcap at Ferntree Gully Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Hi there,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review with us.
either positive or negative they are great to get so we can improve.
I'm very sorry your stay this time wasn't up to standard.
We haven't changed hands, just a name change.
I'm sorry the people in the room next to you were noisy. Unfortunately we can't control what our guests do in their rooms. we will look into a way of dampening the noise between the rooms though.
Not sure about the compressor noise as we have nothing like that on the property. Maybe another guests car? which again we cannot control.
After reading your review i had someone from CUB come out and we found that the Great Northern was not up to their standard either and this issue has been fixed. We also cleaned our lines an extra time just to be sure we got it all out.
Hopefully we can see you again and make it up to you.
Thanks again for telling us about your stay.
Regards Anthony B
Venue Manager

Reviewed 29 September 2018

Not an ounce of sleep. The place is full of intoxicated men who have been drinking all evening at the pub 300 metres away and decide to bring the party back to their rooms after closing time. When the music started at 2.30 am I resigned myself to the fact that I was going to attend class the next day fatigued. If the noise wasn’t bad enough the verbal abuse I received simply for looking in their direction sealed the deal. Not a word was uttered to them but it was enough to set one guy off on a sequence of expletives. I could hear him ranting to his friends about me outside my room at which point the door was quietly locked and barricaded. This is an all too familiar story when men get drunk they get agro and violent. I was booked in for 6 nights and promptly checked out after the first. To add insult to injury the staffer at reception was politely unsympathetic and defensive. “This is a budget hotel” he says. So I guess that means I should have expected it.
This is not a female or family friendly establishment. Poor form Nightcap…you get 1 star.

Trip type: Travelled solo