Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Madmel55_24
Sydney, Australia

This time disappointed

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 2 Oct 2018
One impression can make all the difference and while this is not my first stay here unless I have a good reason to it might be my last. I'm told reasonably reliably that the Ferntree Gully Hotel/Motel has changed hands hence I guess the adding of Nightcap to its name. My reason for staying here was a visit to my daughter who lives nearby, I have stayed before and my daughter used the function facilities for an occasion. It is local to the Dandenong's but little else. The rooms are dated but adequate to put your head down. While I noted the car park reasonably full I was allocated what could be described as a family room as it had a doorway between the room I was in and the next room. Needless to say I could here all. The TV minute, the internet should have been intermittent. The single beds pushed together and made hurriedly. There was a blast of noise after I had gone to sleep I'm guessing from a compressor of sorts. The young lady at reception was very polite and professional. As an enticement to patronise the hotel I was given a voucher for a pot of beer. Asking for a VB the barman advised that I would be better taking another option. I did so and asked for a Great Northern. I would hate to think what the VB must have tasted like not only was the Great Northern fowl in taste but had zero bubbles in it. It disappoints me to have to say this as I been satisfied with my stays previously i.e. put my head down. When there are other options available all be it slightly dearer I might have second thoughts.
Date of stay: September 2018
AnthonyB5124, Manager at Nightcap at Ferntree Gully Hotel, responded to this review
Responded 14 Oct 2018
Hi there,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review with us.
either positive or negative they are great to get so we can improve.
I'm very sorry your stay this time wasn't up to standard.
We haven't changed hands, just a name change.
I'm sorry the people in the room next to you were noisy. Unfortunately we can't control what our guests do in their rooms. we will look into a way of dampening the noise between the rooms though.
Not sure about the compressor noise as we have nothing like that on the property. Maybe another guests car? which again we cannot control.
After reading your review i had someone from CUB come out and we found that the Great Northern was not up to their standard either and this issue has been fixed. We also cleaned our lines an extra time just to be sure we got it all out.
Hopefully we can see you again and make it up to you.
Thanks again for telling us about your stay.
Regards Anthony B

Spa
13.4 km from Nightcap at Ferntree Gully Hotel
Fitness centre
View more hotels in Ferntree Gully
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 September 2018

Not an ounce of sleep. The place is full of intoxicated men who have been drinking all evening at the pub 300 metres away and decide to bring the party back to their rooms after closing time. When the music started at 2.30 am I resigned myself to the fact that I was going to attend class the next day fatigued. If the noise wasn’t bad enough the verbal abuse I received simply for looking in their direction sealed the deal. Not a word was uttered to them but it was enough to set one guy off on a sequence of expletives. I could hear him ranting to his friends about me outside my room at which point the door was quietly locked and barricaded. This is an all too familiar story when men get drunk they get agro and violent. I was booked in for 6 nights and promptly checked out after the first. To add insult to injury the staffer at reception was politely unsympathetic and defensive. “This is a budget hotel” he says. So I guess that means I should have expected it.
This is not a female or family friendly establishment. Poor form Nightcap…you get 1 star.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank JanesBond
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

The rooms are fine and beds very comfy, but don’t stay here if you want a good night’s sleep. The walls are paper thin and the motel seems to be a popular place for noisy guests who stomp around and talk at the tops of their voices until all hours.

Date of stay: September 2018
AnthonyB5124, General Manager at Nightcap at Ferntree Gully Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Hi there,
I'm glad you found the rooms to be comfortable. We are happy with them and the beds are very comfy.
I'm sorry to hear that other guests ruined your stay.
Obviously we don't plan on having rude guests here and apologies for this happening to you.
Hopefully you are able to come back again and it's a better experience for you.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

We stayed in the two bedroom apartment for one night and that was ok. The rooms were clean and tidy but the kitchen and bathroom is in need of some serious updating. The taps were very hard to turn on and off in the kitchen and the kettle was very small and a new one was needed. The bathroom shower was over the bath and was very cramped and the taps dripped and the hot tap made a really loud and strange noise when it was on and it actually woke my Husband up in the morning. The bathroom is big enough to have a big walk in shower and a separate bath. Price was quite reasonable though for what there was and the staff were very nice.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi there,
we are glad you enjoyed the 2 bedroom apartment for the most part.
The bathroom and Kitchen are out of date and this is something we are looking at improving in the future.
Sorry about waking your husband up.
I'm glad you found the price reasonable.
Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

We checked in at 12 with my family. The rooms were ready on time and in a very clean state. The service by the staff was exceptional. The service and quality made our holiday experience a very memorable one. Would love to visit again.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi Jane,
thanks for taking the time to leave a review.
I am very happy you enjoyed your stay here with us.
Our staff are always happy to make sure our guests are looked after.
Thanks again for the review and hopefully we see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

1.00 am and still the music from the private function resonates through my room. Nice enough accommodation clean tidy but have set the alarm for 5.00 and will be gone with the rising sun. Shame the constant bass wasn’t considered by the Managment.

Trip type: Travelled with family