Free cancellation until 28/07
USD 76
  • Restaurant
USD 115
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 135/night.

Eastwell Manor(Boughton Lees)
Free cancellation until 28/07
USD 210
USD 192
Hotels.com
Premier Inn Ashford Central Hotel(Ashford)(Great Value!)
USD 103
USD 98
USD 91
USD 81
The Croft(Kennington)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsguest housefresh milkfull englishsmall fridgepit stopdownstairs roomsouth downsgarden gameson site parkingonly stayed one nightowners suelarge choicerooms were spotlessbeautiful place to stayexcellent breakfastbig tvtwo single beds
Reviewed 23 March 2018

Have stayed in 3 different rooms on 3 separate occasions between December 17 and March 18, and they have always been comfortable and quiet - Breakfasts, although extra, are delicious and the hosts are really helpful and welcoming - I thoroughly recommend this for anyone visiting Ashford or its surroundings.

Room Tip: Rooms 1,3 & 5 are facing the hills, and are the quietest
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Downsview, Owner at Downsview GuestHouse, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

We do try to give good service and are delighted you enjoyed all 3 rooms and the breakfast. You are welcome back anytime!

Reviewed 14 December 2017

Freezing cold room. Very uncomfortable bed and pillows. We booked for one night and then a further night 3 days later. Sadly, when we arrived, we were told that the price had increased from that quoted on the booking reference. When we tried to cancel the booking we were told that they have a 30 day cancellation policy. Sadly this is the only bad experience we have ever had of dozens of stays in B&Bs in UK and world-wide. I would not recommend staying at Downsview.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Downsview, Owner at Downsview GuestHouse, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

This is our first - and hopefully only - one star review out of 113 reviews. Normally, we take negative comments constructively, but on this occasion we feel we must reply to each of your points separately.
Freezing cold room: All rooms have thermostatically controlled radiators in both the bedroom and bathroom which can be easily adjusted depending on how hot or cold guests prefer the room temperature. You only needed to turn the thermostat up! There is also an electric heater in each room for those who prefer a warmer room temperature. There are also blankets for the beds should these be required.
Uncomfortable bed and pillows: The beds have all been replaced within the last 12 months and are firm but, in our opinion, not uncomfortable (we have slept in them ourselves to check both the bed and rooms out). The pillows are sourced from a reputable hospitality sector linen provider and meet the criteria for those who may suffer from allergies. You are the only person who has complained about the bed and pillows since we changed them out of the 1000's of guests who have stayed with us and we have had several compliments about both the new beds and pillows.
Price increase: There was no price increase. Your husband booked over the 'phone and we took a 30% deposit of £39.00. This equates to £65.00 per night (£130 for the 2 nights x 30% deposit) which was the price quoted to your husband. There was no booking reference, just an e-mail confirmation. We actually reduced the price to £120.00 for the 2 nights as you were unhappy with the price - something you failed to mention in your review. Our cancellation policy was quite clearly pointed out over the 'phone to your husband. Our policy is that we take a 30% deposit which is fully refundable up until 30 days prior to booking, after which the full amount is payable. This is also clearly stated on our website and on booking.com.
Kind regards

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Martin and Sue could not do more to make guests feel welcome and strive to ensure stays are enjoyed. This visit we booked the apartment for myself, wife and daughter. It is extremely spacious and well equipped. 2 bedrooms the main with, what I assume is a queen bed as it is far larger than our king, and 2 singles, the 2nd with double and single. Bathroom with twin sinks large bath and separate shower and a loo. Lounge/kitchen/diner large and again well equipped, washing machine, dryer, dish washer and fridge, oven, micro wave toaster and kettle. Flat screen telly with DVD player and a fair selection of dvds.
Although it would have been easy to make our own breakfasts the continental is very good and value for money.
The only other thing I can add is that we have already booked the apartment for a family holiday next June but may also book a double room as 7 people with 1 bathroom maybe a little testing.

Room Tip: Rear rooms have views of North Downs
Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank rulesman
Downsview, Owner at Downsview GuestHouse, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review the apartment. It is very useful for families. The double bed in the master bedroom is actually a Superking sized bed so it is, as you say, nice and large. We look forward to seeing you again in June.
In the meantime, Happy New Year.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

I have been staying at the Downsview for the last five nights, and I couldn't be more happy with the service. I was greeted straight away and they already knew who I was which was lovely! I got shown around so I knew where I could cook my ready meals and things, and then my room. It has been absolutely peaceful, I have felt so relaxed here. It was also lovely to ses that my water, tea bags and milk were topped up in my room every day! I wouls definitely recommend this guest house to anyone for any reason, for leisure to be near Canterbury, for work, I couldn't fault this place! Thank you ever so much, you've been wonderful x

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

So pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very pleased you found the guest kitchen useful for cooking ready meals in the evening and that you found your room comfortable and peaceful - I believe you were overlooking the Downs at the back of the house, which is always lovely especially in the morning. Happy New Year to you.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for four nights and was the best B&B I've stopped at this year and I stop at quite a lot. Lovely room with great facilities, high standard decor and superb bathroom. The breakfast was good quality and plentiful and great selection on the continental even though I didn't sample and stuck to a simple full english. Ample size car park and a great location just 1.5 miles from Ashford, only £6 for a taxi into town. Martin and Sue were the perfect hosts and nothing was too much trouble. If you're staying in Ashford, then look no further. This is the place to be. Looking forward to staying here again next time I'm in the area.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Downsview, Owner at Downsview GuestHouse, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Thank you. What a lovely review! We look forward to meeting you again if and when you are in the area.