“Very pleasant stay”

Arbor Lights Resort
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Monticello
Arbor Lights Resort
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Monticello
Reviewed 31 August 2015

First time I have stayed here and will definitely be going back. John and Mary were very nice,down to earth and accommodating. Place was well kept and comfortable. Very relaxed atmosphere. It's not a fancy high class hotel with a bunch of high class snobs, but that is not what I like to be around. If you want to relax and be at ease, this is the place. If you're an uptight snob, might as well go where ever you're kind go.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

Loved the service and the cabin itself. It was clean and we'll kept. Plus the pool was was clean and very well kept. The owners were friendly and very pleased to keep their customers happy. The environment was family friendly. And it is super close to the amusement park.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Hot tub that they advertise is broken has been for 2 years! Every dish I used had to be cleaned first. Oven in our cottage was not calibrated and it burnt everything! Fridge froze everything. Cats everywhere, everything is covered in cat hair! No one listened to our complaints even after they avoided us and I e-mailed the issues at hand to them. The pull out bed was held on by twine and unsafe for anyone's use. The bathroom was held together by a hope and a prayer! not sure why they falsely advertise there rooms! When confronted with issues about their place and told never mind keep your money id like to see you explain ur establishment to a judge hey called the police on me and my family! WARNING STAY AWAY! DO NOT STAY HERE! At one time this place may have been something however now its run down, price gouging, cats and hair everywhere! And the owners DONT CARE!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Nikki K
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have been coming to Arbor Lights resort for 11 years now since my divorce with my three daughters. It is something we look forward to every year. John and Mary are fantastic people, the rooms are clean and the HEATED & optic lighted pool is awesome.Most resorts along the lake have cats and that doesn't bother me. I read some of the negative reviews and think they must be uptight city folk and looking for things to complain about. There is nothing dangerous. We fished off the dock, it is well lit at night. We went on the paddle boats, which was great because they are located right next to Indiana Beach and you can go by water and see the rides, It was really a great time day and night. John and Mary will go out of their way to make your stay pleasant..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Debra D
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Arbor lights was a fantastic stay. My husband and I brought our three kids here and we all had a fantastic time. Pay no mind to the negative reviews. John and Mary were very friendly and we were well received upon arrival. Our room was very clean and had all the amenities. The window air conditioners worked well to keep our room a nice temperature and the full size fridge, microwave and oven were a nice surprise.
The pool is very well maintained and Mary even turned the heat up to make it more comfortable for our young children. Plenty of deck seating and even lights in the pool for a nighttime dip.
The view over the lake is absolutely fantastic. The lit up carousel at night was a great sight across the lake. There are even paddle boats (tho we did not use them). You're as close to Indiana Beach as you can get and you can see some of the coasters from their parking area.
Mary has loving heart and, yes, she even loves the derelict cats that roam the property (I only saw about 5). She feeds them and they stick around, though they are hardly a nuisance.
Arbor lights has a very homey feel to it, like staying at grandmas (minus the fresh baked cookies).
As are most of the resorts on this strip, it's definitely a little dated, but I think that almost adds to the charm this place holds. The beds aren't new, or pillowtop, but they are just fine for a night or twos stay. You get what you pay for, but this place was definitely a great value. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014