All reviews mary and john down to earth short walk amusement park next year great place to stay grandkids blast pool deck lake
Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

Loved the service and the cabin itself. It was clean and we'll kept. Plus the pool was was clean and very well kept. The owners were friendly and very pleased to keep their customers happy. The environment was family friendly. And it is super close to the amusement park.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Hot tub that they advertise is broken has been for 2 years! Every dish I used had to be cleaned first. Oven in our cottage was not calibrated and it burnt everything! Fridge froze everything. Cats everywhere, everything is covered in cat hair! No one listened to our complaints even after they avoided us and I e-mailed the issues at hand to them. The pull out bed was held on by twine and unsafe for anyone's use. The bathroom was held together by a hope and a prayer! not sure why they falsely advertise there rooms! When confronted with issues about their place and told never mind keep your money id like to see you explain ur establishment to a judge hey called the police on me and my family! WARNING STAY AWAY! DO NOT STAY HERE! At one time this place may have been something however now its run down, price gouging, cats and hair everywhere! And the owners DONT CARE!

Date of stay: August 2014
3  Thank Nikki K
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have been coming to Arbor Lights resort for 11 years now since my divorce with my three daughters. It is something we look forward to every year. John and Mary are fantastic people, the rooms are clean and the HEATED & optic lighted pool is awesome.Most resorts along the lake have cats and that doesn't bother me. I read some of the negative reviews and think they must be uptight city folk and looking for things to complain about. There is nothing dangerous. We fished off the dock, it is well lit at night. We went on the paddle boats, which was great because they are located right next to Indiana Beach and you can go by water and see the rides, It was really a great time day and night. John and Mary will go out of their way to make your stay pleasant..

2  Thank Debra D
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Arbor lights was a fantastic stay. My husband and I brought our three kids here and we all had a fantastic time. Pay no mind to the negative reviews. John and Mary were very friendly and we were well received upon arrival. Our room was very clean and had all the amenities. The window air conditioners worked well to keep our room a nice temperature and the full size fridge, microwave and oven were a nice surprise.
The pool is very well maintained and Mary even turned the heat up to make it more comfortable for our young children. Plenty of deck seating and even lights in the pool for a nighttime dip.
The view over the lake is absolutely fantastic. The lit up carousel at night was a great sight across the lake. There are even paddle boats (tho we did not use them). You're as close to Indiana Beach as you can get and you can see some of the coasters from their parking area.
Mary has loving heart and, yes, she even loves the derelict cats that roam the property (I only saw about 5). She feeds them and they stick around, though they are hardly a nuisance.
Arbor lights has a very homey feel to it, like staying at grandmas (minus the fresh baked cookies).
As are most of the resorts on this strip, it's definitely a little dated, but I think that almost adds to the charm this place holds. The beds aren't new, or pillowtop, but they are just fine for a night or twos stay. You get what you pay for, but this place was definitely a great value. I would absolutely stay here again.

1  Thank Ellelliott
Reviewed 17 June 2014

After reading the two bad reviews I just want to say that they were exaggerated. We stayed with our family in 3 rooms and they all were very clean. We have stayed here before also. Yes, this is an older place, but if you are coming to Indiana Beach, most are coming for that old timey lakehouse atmosphere that we remember from our childhoods and this place delivers. They really do have a great pool and it was clean. It is right on Lake Shafer. They do have cats, but they are not all over the place as has been exaggerated. They do not bother anyone. We only saw 3. They have a few inside their home that never go outside. They just sit in the window of their home and watch the birds in the trees and its really so cute to see them lined up. The owners, John and Mary were such nice people and very personable and we saw them work very hard mowing, cleaning the pool, etc.

1  Thank reviewerdek