USD 151
USD 99
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 174/night.

Pine View Resort(Monticello)
USD 100
USD 113
Blue Door Cottages(Monticello)
  • Pool
IB Crow Campground(Monticello)
Outrigger Resort(Monticello)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 July 2013

this was the worst "resort" I've ever stayed at!!!! The rooms were very old, outdated and disgusting! The shower knobs were falling off, the medicine cabinet has mildew and rusty. The towels and sheets are very old.There are too many stray cats hanging around because the owners feed them. The pool outside is ok, but had a lot of bugs. BB-Q grills are available but they keep charcoal in a cat litter box.The ONLY perk of staying there, was Indiana beach was right behind the resort and the lake is right out side the rooms if you like to fish.basically, that place needs to be demolished!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank taragoldenChicago
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I made reservations to stay here last summer. The "resort" was difficult to find. When we pulled up I made my decision that there was no way in the world that I was going to stay here but since I had already paid over $100 for the night my husband convinced me to at least take a look at the room. There were sickly looking cats all over the place. My husband is highly allergic to cats. We explained that we wanted to see the room before we checked in. The owner was extremely rude but agreed. While looking at the room she griped at us to shut the door, she did not want to air condition the outside. Regardless of the rude owner we decided to stay the night because it was so late and we were out the money. I would just deal with it. We checked in. (The office looked like hoarders lived in it.). We then left for dinner. When we returned, as we proceeded up the dangerous staircase to our second story "suite" I noticed that every "suite" had a lawn chair next to the the room doors with full ashtrays. Disgusting! As I entered the room I realized that there was no smoke detector. I frantically searched the entire room and none was to be found. This was my ticket out of this hole! My husband managed to get most of our money back minus a $ 20 cleaning fee. Indiana Beach is one place we will not be returning to in the near future or ever for that matter.

Room Tip: Get a room somewhere else!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lorri L
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We found Arbor Lights in June of last year. This year we went back for our second trip. The location is perfect (I hope you like cats. Rather than ignoring all the stray cats that the park attracts, the owner tames them so that they do not harm anyone). They are right next to the service entrance to Indiana Beach. Its a couple minute walk (a few hundred feet) to the customer entrance. Considering its proximity to the park, there is little noise to disturb you. Don't let the front fool you. The lakeside of this resort is what you are here for. beautiful view, great breeze and a pool. I actually spend more time reading than visiting the park (my wife is the opposite). It's only a shame that this place is in such a poor town. Montecello has seen its better days.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2013

This was our fourth year returning to Arbor Lights for our family vacation. We usually have enough people that we rent a room and the three bedroom cottage. We stay for three nights and four days. It is by far not a 5 star hotel, but it is comfortable and works for our family. We are close enough to walk to the front gate which saves us the cost of parking, we can easily return to rest and cook food on the many grills to save on the expense of costly food in the park. The pool is very nice and relaxing after a day at the park. We rent a boat, dock at pier, load everyone on, and enjoy a day on the boat. It is VERY Convenient. The Walkers are VERY accommodating. They are available to answer questions or quickly fix anything you might have an issue with on the spot. Have allowed early check in if the rooms are available. They are very understanding and if they see the kids are having a blast in the pool have even let us stay in a little longer past pool closing time to allow them to continue their fun. Plenty of seating around the facility and has a nice view of the fireworks on Saturday night. A/C window unit runs like a champ, but with our kids constantly in and out I would recommend bringing your own fan for your room due to it taking awhile for the a/c to keep up with kids opening the door throughout the day. It would eventually get very cold during the night since no one was going in and out any longer. Also parking is tight so keep in mind if you plan on bringing multiple families/cars. Otherwise it is a great place to stay and we are already planning next years vacation.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We just returned from Monticello and Indiana Beach. We have been going there for years but this is the first time we tried a new resort. Mr. & Mrs. Walker (the owners) were so very friendly and helpful. We were a party of 12 with a baby. We rented a room and a 2 bedroom mobile home. The rooms were very clean and cool (the temp was near 100 outside), The pool was great. Everyone got in to swim. The grounds were very well supplied as we had gas and charcoal grills, plenty of tables with umbrellas and the lighting in the evening was very nice. It was just a short walk to the amusement park and that is a plus as they now charge to park at the North Entrance. The view is gorgeous and there is plenty of seating on the dock. We have talked of visiting again next year and we will surely go back to this resort. We had a very relaxing time at this resort. Thanks Mary and John for being great hosts.

Room Tip: We had a middle first floor room and heard no noise. The family that stayed in the mobile home suggested bringing a small fan to use in the bedroom if you close the door.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family