All reviews pool table one bedroom suite notre dame putting green hot tub front desk small kitchen diamond resort resort fee breakfast buffet studebaker museum small exercise room south bend chocolate company bocce ball sports memorabilia living area fire pit
Reviewed 7 March 2014

very clean, old fashioned and very nice views from windows I enjoyed staying here with our hockey team my son loved it and my 12 year old daughter loved it as well. I enjoyed the pool; not to cold and not to warm.

Date of stay: March 2014
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel used to be clean neat. And now kinda dirty found dead bed bugs on my pillow they were nice enough to transfer us to a new one. The staff was nice n our pool was nice. I wouldn't say it was terrible just not very clean

Date of stay: April 2013
2  Thank ChrisW777
Reviewed 31 January 2014

The Varsity Club was a nice surprise. This didn't seem like a normal option for a hotel since I wasn't familiar with the brand. I decided to give it a chance since it was a great price on Travelocity at $75/night.

The place is a little old-school with Notre Dame themed stuff everywhere. It surprised me at first but I appreciate the vibe and decor. The facility is clean throughout and I got upgraded to a room with a kitchenette. The bed was comfortable and the room was spacious and clean.

This will be my first choice for a hotel for anyone that I have visiting South Bend. Especially considering the price, this is a great value.

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Matt9687
diamondresorts, Manager at Varsity Clubs of America, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

We are delighted that you chose to stay at the Varsity Clubs of America at South Bend, and that you enjoyed your stay here – thank you for your review! We hope you’ll get the opportunity to return for another visit, and we look forward to being of service to you again!

Reviewed 5 December 2013

My husband and i stayed here for our anniversary weekend. There is no resturant which is advertised for on website. That weekend the hotel had many kids staying there for a hockey match and they closed the bar and billards to discourage drinking. Really wanted to enjoy my hotel rather than the bar that was quite a ways down the road. In addition they stated we were to recieve a breakfast if wanted when i inquired we were told we didn' t order in time. I could have dealt with all of this if the front desk had been nice but instead they were very rude. The housekeeping staff was nice though. Our suite had no hot water and the front desk acted as if we couldnt tell whether the water was hot or not. The housekeeping staff informed us that the suites take a little while to heat up. I let it run for fifteen and finally the water was warm. I had no problem adjusting to their lack of preperation but their callousness and rude behaviour was totally unaccceptable.

Room tip: This hotel caters to kids. If you are going for a kid free weekend like we did make sure all of the adult amenities will be open prior to your arrival.
Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marie31133
diamondresorts, Manager at Varsity Clubs of America, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

We are sorry to read you have been disappointed with your recent stay here and that you did not get a chance to experience all the resort has to offer including our Stadium Sports Bar which was closed during your stay. It was very concerning to read that your reception experience, along with the maintenance shortcomings you experienced had a negative impact on your stay. What you described is certainly not an acceptable way for our guests to be treated. We would like to assure you that delivering excellent quality of service and accommodation is the very foundation of our business. Please know that it is not typical that our guests would experience challenges with our front desk team members who are usually complimented for their high quality of attention to clients, and their willingness to be friendly and welcoming. If you would like to give us another chance to make a better impression on you in future; our friendly staffs eagerly awaits to serve you again.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Our family of four recently stayed at the Varsity Club in Mishawaka when we were in the area for a Notre Dame football game. Someone called us earlier in the week before our arrival to verify we were still coming (most hotels are sold out on home football weekends) and to see if there was anything else we needed. They also verified that we had requested a roll-away. We weren't able to check in until almost 9 p.m., so we were very happy that everything was just as we had requested. Using both the sofa sleeper and the roll-away made the living room a little tight, but no one seemed to mind. It was nice to have the large vanity outside of the shower and toilet area so that more than one person could be getting ready at once. We also appreciated having a refrigerator and microwave in the the unit. The breakfast buffet in the mornings, with made to order omelets, potatoes, bacon, sausage, rolls, fruit, and many other things was very good and replenished frequently. We definitely enjoyed our stay here and would recommend to others.

Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank scsagh
Anne L, Director of Sales at Varsity Clubs of America, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking time to write about your great experience at the Varsity Clubs by Diamond Resorts. We strive to make each guest comfortable with a relaxing stay. It is great to hear we provided you with the "excellent service" we strive to give. We appreciate your loyalty. Have a wonderful day and we hope to see you next time.
Anne Lederer, Sales Manager