All reviews great view ohio river bagels downtown madison bacon in town third floor real glasses complimentary breakfast balcony room front entrance coffee mugs would stay here again ceiling fan comfortable bed main street the air conditioning
Reviewed 27 June 2016

The Inn is nothing fancy, but it was clean and reasonably priced. The view from the room was fabulous—this hotel has the best views of the river valley of any hotel in town. And it's only a short (15-20 minute) walk from all the downtown restaurants, bars and other attractions, although the walk back is steep, especially if you've had a few beers. (Be warned though if you're there on Sunday a lot of these places might not be open. Madison gets very sleepy on Sunday.) The continental breakfast was also nothing to write home about: bagels, cereal—no hot food except the pancake maker. But there are tons of good breakfast spots in town. According to my mom this place used to be a tad fancier back in the day, but I think it still holds up, especially for the price we paid.

Room tip: Not a bad view in the house. All rooms face the river.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Meeclayt
Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

The view of the river was amazing.
The people were very nice.
The place was a little run down, but clean.
The only disappointment was the coffee at breakfast - truly awful. Drive down the street for a good cup.
A nice place to stay, overall.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Amy H
Reviewed 1 June 2016

The view from the balcony was amazing! We had breakfast on the balcony with a river view. There was even a ceiling fan on the balcony to add a nice breeze. The rooms are very clean, and the staff friendly and helpful. The breakfast choices were plentiful. We will definitely stay here again for a couples get away.

Room tip: The higher floors feel more private and noise level of the road is better.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Thank Victor.Darla D
Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

The hillside inn is in a great location in downtown Madison. I stayed here for a week during a business trip so I was able to walk downtown on the few evenings it didn't rain. The hill is a little steep but it's a nice trek. The staff were friendly and the room was adequate. My room had a refrigerator but no microwave. I didn't need one but for some reason assumed it would come with one. During my last light, my neighbors had their radio on and I could hear it fairly clearly through the walls. The front desk was very accommodating and made sure it was taken care of. I would definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2016

Unfortunately, this hotel did not meet my expectations. The manager on duty was put out, as I interrupted her meal when I arrived. The hotel is slightly run down, no problem. However, the sheets in two rooms contained numerous hairs. The manager was unwilling to either have the sheets changed or check a third room. The manager then stated that they would waive the cancellation fee, basically kicking me out. Fortunately, there are numerous hotels in Madison and they had availability.
I was looking forward to staying in a 'non -chain' hotel, and the view is very nice.pity, but just not worth it.

Room tip: Almost all the rooms have a river view.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo