See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

It's an older motel. Give it that to start. With that said, the young couple that just bought this motel have a good business plan to get this motel back up to its former glory. I've been to this motel when it was owned by someone else. To be kind, the former owner really let this property go down hill. This couple are all in to get this motel back in shape. So some rooms are done and some rooms aren't finished yet. I have always been in the rooms that have been done already. Beds are really comfortable, furniture is in good shape and bathrooms have been refurbished. I honestly haven't seen one bug in this motel since they took it over. They are a wonderful, service oriented owners, willing to do what it takes to make their guests happy. Motel is close to a quaint little town with some interesting restaurants, or chain restaurants if you prefer. There are other motels on this exit but this is the one I go to every time. Motel was FULL both days I was there. That's got to tell you something. I'll be back...

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

We stopped through and first sight we stopped. They asked if we smoked and we said no. BUT our room smelled like an ashtray. The walls were filthy and the bathtub didn't have a plug to take a bath. The bed needs to be replaced along with all the bedding and pillows. Towels felt like sandpaper. It desperately needs a new coat of paint too. WILL NOT be staying again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2018

The staff was pleasant and helpful. We arrived very late and had no problem getting into our room. It was a musty smelling room. The walls were dingy and needed a paint job. We were only using the room to catch some sleep so we weren't overly concerned with the shabby appearance, but if we had stayed any longer I don't know that I would have been able to.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 7 June 2018

Quite honestly, my only memories of our stay here was that it was average, not particularly clean, but not terribly dirty. The a/c worked, and everything else must have been adequate enough that we could not find serious fault, nor give enthusiastic praise.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 September 2017

I was going to write a review primarily complaining about the cockroaches but I've just read the other reviews and it seems my experience was pretty good by comparison.
Still, wherever I've visited I've tried to stay in the cheapest motels I can find and this is the first that's had cockroaches. They weren't very big, none larger than 2 cm and they were concentrated round the microwave rather than everywhere, but they were present and I would definitely pay a few dollars more elsewhere to not have them.

Other than that, the reception guy was friendly and helpful when I arrived, the room didn't smell bad and everything else was what-you'd-expect-at-this-price.
Oh, but the WiFi only worked properly in a small area in the middle of the bed.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo