All reviews bacon front desk cinnamon rolls one night beds were comfortable biscuits pancake machine would stay again staff was very friendly room suite great room breakfast buffet is great place to stay pool area easy access nice stay breakfast area
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

If you're just looking for a clean room for the night, stop here; however, if you're expecting the standard quality, comfort, and appeal of the IHG brand, stay elsewhere.

Basically, this hotel is overdue for a major renovation. Our room was clean and quiet, but the wear and tear on drapes, wall coverings, and carpeting made the space look shabby. Slippers were definitely required. The king bed was comfortable, but the worn linens needed replacing. The bathroom was clean and towels plentiful, but the toilet seat was loose and a vanity bulb was burned out. The fridge and microwave were welcome conveniences, though, and the large HDTV had plenty of channels, plus the free WiFi connection was reliable.

The breakfast bar had major issues. The juice dispenser was broken, and a water line was frozen, so beverage choices were limited to coffee and milk. The overall quality of the hot food was good, thanks to the diligent attendant, but the overall quality was subpar.

What the hotel lacks, the staff tries to make up for with good service, especially the front desk clerks (Gretchen and Michael), who were friendly and courteous.

Bottom line: This hotel needs some upgrades to meet IHG standards and match price with value.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2016

Dear Patricia M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate you regarding our rooms to be clean, and the service from ou staff service from Gretchen and Michael. However, we're sorry for the inconvenience for the ongoing renovation during your stay. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope you will consider us again and see the improvements made.

Dianne L.

Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

If you are tired looking to take a break from driving, this hotel is conveniently located right off intersection I-65 and Route 32 north from Indianapolis. I had a business reason to be here thus I had no option but to stay at this property. Based on my own travel experience this property was average compared to other HI Xpress of the same chain where I have stayed before. I believe that rooms can be definitely improved to be above average. I was a little challenged to find a decent place to eat near by after 8pm on Thursday evening, so if you arrive late after a long drive be prepared because you will only find some fast food restaurants open near by.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2016

Dear Moises G,

First of all, let me thank you for taking the time to write your review. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level and accommodation we aim for. It is nice to know that you found the location convenient. However, we regret if you found the hotel and the rooms average in value. I have this information documented and it will be forwarded to the hotel management for evaluation and will be a basis for future improvements.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to offer you a more pleasant stay.

Grace P.

Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

After a long trip my daughter and I needed a place to sleep for the night. Upon checking in the room appeared very nice with the exception of the coffee bar was not cleaned from the time before and it dirty bar of soap was left. Aside from those minor issues it was a great room, the beds were comfortable and it was a very quiet room.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2016

Dear 18ang,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to our housekeeping service. Let us assure you that we want nothing more than to ensure your satisfaction from the time you arrive, up until you leave our hotel. So we truly appreciate that you have shared your feedback with us. I am confident that our management will continue to do their best to improve in order to accommodate you better in the future and we hope you give us the chance.

Faith R

Reviewed 16 June 2016

I rate this hotel as average. I normally stay at Hampton Inns, but this Holiday Inn was the closest place near my brother's house. I havent stayed at a Holiday Inn in many years, and from what I have heard they are supposed to rival Hampton, but I have to be honest, Hampton is far better overall.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family

Dear Rob M,

Thank you for your candid review of our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for not living up to your expectations and for not creating a memorable stay for you.

Although we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectations, we hope you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Connie D

Reviewed 14 June 2016

For a Holiday Inn Express right off the interstate, this hotel was totally overpriced.

The gentleman working the front desk was clearly frazzled and distracted. He was clearly overwhelmed with his work load and made rather loud comments every time the phone rang while checking me and the previous party in. He looked as though he couldn't wait to smoke one of the cigarettes from the pack clearly visible in his front shirt pocket. Not very professional and certainly not a good representative for the company.

The guest room in which I stayed had a very strange, artificial air freshener odor that was rather overwhelming when I entered the room. The air conditioner was not running when I entered the room and it took quite awhile to cool down to a comfortable temperature after checking in.

The room darkening shades/curtains were perhaps the most disappointing facet of my entire stay, which was solely focused on getting some good sleep for the night. The curtains didn't adequately cover the windows such that 1) at night, due to the ground position of the football-stadium-bright exterior building lights, light flooded in through the bottom of the curtains, and 2) during the day, sunlight flooded from the bottom and middle. Thus, I had a hard time falling asleep due to the artificial light coming in from the exterior lights and was awakened very early in the morning due to the easterly position of the room and the sunrise.

I was overall so disappointed with this hotel and was shocked at the price paid. I travel frequently and have stayed in boutique hotels in large cities for less or the equivalent price to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2016

Dear Margaret C,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with our property particularly with the service level of staff, air conditioning system, and pricing. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay. I greatly appreciate you sharing your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to further understand what we can adjust or do more for our guests to get the most out of their stay with us.

Again, thank you for the review and I hope that you would still consider staying with us again in the future.

Regards,