All reviewsgreat stoplong journeytavernbedsmealsmotelemeraldmining
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We visited with family while briefly staying in Capella. The food here is great and they have a wide range of beers and drinks available, as well as a courtesy bus that will take you anywhere you want to go in town. The service is dreadful - slow and the girls had absolutely no idea what they were doing - but if you're happy to get a larger beer than you ordered and wait a while for it, this pub is comfy and fun. Small pokie area as well and an outdoor playground for the kids.
While in Capella, visit the Pioneer Village for a bit of history (and be terrified at how old you suddenly feel!), and go to the pool.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
DooleysHotel C, General Manager at Dooley's Tavern & Motel Capella, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Hi Jenna,

I am sorry that your experience with us was not up to the quality I expect of my staff. We have just had a turnover of staff, and I will take all staff, old and new through further training. I am glad that you enjoyed your meals and I do agree that the Pioneer Village is a must see whilst in Capella. If you are ever in town again, please come in and enjoy a drink on me.

Regards,

Kathy

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Friendly and helpful staff, great value for money, room is modern, clean neat and tidy with large comfy bed. Easy access to location. Locals have recommended as best accommodation in Capella. Rooms very quiet!

Room Tip: All rooms of equal quality.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
DooleysHotel C, General Manager at Dooley's Tavern & Motel Capella, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Thank you for your review, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on providing a quality service to travelers and locals alike. I look forward to being able to assist you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Very clean room and friendly service. Co-located Tavern was great -- good food, great service. I was unable to get accommodation in the gemfields. Being only about 50-60km away from Rubyvale was very convenient for us.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
DooleysHotel C, Manager at Dooley's Tavern & Motel Capella, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us in Capella. We hope to see you again if you are in the area.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

After a long journey it was great to stop at Dooley's in Capella. the room was near new, clean and comfortable. Unusual to get all 3 beds with comfortable mattresses. On arrival we checked in with a friendly staff member - so good to have nice service. Had a great meal. Will be back again if travel needs.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are similar. We didn't have any worry with noise. Great place!!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
DooleysHotel C, General Manager at Dooley's Tavern & Motel Capella, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Thank you so much for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you back to Capella or our other venue in Springsure.

Reviewed 26 February 2017

we were traveling from Mackay to Adelaide and Capella looked like the most convenient place to stay. We have stayed at Dooleys in Springsure and the layout looked familiar.
We started to run late and it looked like we would miss meal times. i rang ahead and the staff were were very helpful in holding back meals for a couple of hungry truck drivers. Very much appreciated. Overall a good place to stay with good food and all that you would need in a motel. Would stay again next trip.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business