All reviewsgreat stoplong journeytavernbedsmealsmotelemeraldmining
Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

Dooley's is excellent! Modern, comfortable rooms with plenty of space.

Everything you need in the room and great service as well! I had breakfast, lunch and dinner from Dooley's Tavern and will definitely be coming back. Great work guys, see you again soon!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
DooleysHotel C, Manager at Dooley's Tavern & Motel Capella, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2016

Thank you for your review - we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 February 2016

Stayed here whilst passing through. When travelling this route I usually stay in EmerLd and have had average experiences to say the best. I decided to give Dooleys a go as I remember positive experiences from their Brisbane venues. I am so glad I did as their product is SO much better!
Surprisingly modern rooms, spacious and spotlessly clean. Great value accommodation and fantastic food! Late checkout was granted without question and the beds were super comfy.
I have stayed in many regional locations and this is definitely a cut above the rest.
The owner Pat and his manager Kath are both old school with their friendly and efficient service.
Will definitely stay here next time.
When in the region there isn't anywhere else that ticks the boxes like Dooley's!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2015

I have now stayed here twice and had a great stay both times. after getting over my inital "WHAT HAVE I DONE???" impression, the newly renovated rooms are spacious and the beds are super comfortable. There is a mini bar and plenty of space for your luggage. There are also two gym spaces you can use, and also an on site laundry (at a cost) The staff are lovely and the meals i had on site where great and reasonable priced. They are set up for miners, so if you want breakfast you will need to get up early, but they a menu available on site for most of the day. Will def. stay here next time i'm travelling through!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2015 via mobile

I traveled inland from Sydney to Townsville and this was my second stop off. I was running late and had missed check in time. All staff especially the manager was very, very friendly. I had my Labrador dog with me as well and the hotel is very accommodating with animals. We had our own little grassed off area and they provide you with a little dog blanket. Lots of room in the rooms if you have a family. Fridge, microwave etc all in the room. Some cable channels and the beds are really comfortable. Its located in a cute little mining town of Capella.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2015 via mobile

Spent a night. A/C does not seem to be reverse cycle. Only cool air! It gets cool overnight out here. Food fine & in a timely manner. Mix of old fashion style food & some new styles. Prices ok for room, food & drinks. GF options OK. All clean!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple