“Their Pulled Pork never ceases to amaze me.”

South Street Smoke House
Ranked #5 of 260 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

I’ve been here multiple times, and their pulled pork (called the Carolina) is excellent. If you go (and I highly recommend that you do), buy the Carolina. You won’t regret it.

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

My coworkers and I headed there for lunch on Friday. We’ve found you need to get there early if you want to dine in. They have very limited seating so you might have to share a table with others.

Most of us got the Kansas City brisket with different sides. I chose the cornbread and was glad I did. The brisket was delicious and the cornbread was moist.

They offer about 6 different sauces and I made a mix of the mild and spicy.

This is one of our favorite places to go for lunch.

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

This little hole in the wall place is worth the search!
Great selection and portion of food. Friendly staff with family atmosphere.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

lightly smoked and the Kansas City Brisket sandwich rocks! Fab fries and great onion rings, too! I like that they have several sauces to choose from. The pulled pork is already sauced and since I'm a believer that Q shouldn't need sauce and should be applied by the consumer, haven't had it.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

I love good BBQ and this is some of the best that I have eaten anywhere in the US. The Brisket would make any Texan happy. Great baked beans and fries also.
I really do not think that a Vegan or Vegetarian would be comfortable here. This is all about meat !