All reviews room was clean decent stay would stay again interstate motel elevator
Reviewed 29 January 2016 via mobile

I'm embarrassed for the Choice chain. Had booked this on line sight unseen. Got in late, was supposed to be there Sun-Fri. Checked out early Monday. Place is dingy, dirty, in bad repair, and I'm not sure what on the carpet. Room 212 in case manager reads this. Did I mention the hole in the bathroom ceiling? I am a CP member and have never seen a Comfort Suites this bad. I have seen a Quality Inn (Machesney Park, IL) which I gave 5 stars to that that was bumped down years ago that was far better than this dump. Plenty of hotels nearby.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Ed V
Reviewed 28 December 2015

Bed Bugs!!!!!!!! The rooms need major work, scuffed doors and walls, Towel bar hanging loose, mold on walls and bed bugs. date of stay 12/26/2015 room 224.

Normally count on Comfort Inn quality, this one misses

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank David M
c0mf0rt, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2015

We are very sorry you were not happy with your stay. We checked out the room and did not find any bugs, but as a precaution treated the whole room thoroughly. We have never had that problem. As you can see most people generally have liked our hotel and hope you give us another chance, thank you and have a nice day.

Reviewed 11 December 2015

Comfort Suites are my go-to hotel for affordable lodging with the amenities that I want: fitness center, free, reliable wifi, microwave, & fridge. This location had these, but the room looked neglected with stained carpet, loose bathroom doorway threshold, loose closet door base, and the corners of the room did not appear to have cleaned for some time.
I prefer stairs to an elevator for exercise, and the stairwells were unfinished, unheated, and dirty.
That said, the treadmill was functional, wifi was reliable, fridge and microwave worked, the room had lots of electrical outlets, the desk chair was comfortable, and the breakfast fare was good. So, it was okay for a 1-night stay.

Room Tip: east side, away from I-65.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Mary L
Reviewed 28 November 2015 via mobile

Stayed here while visiting family over Thanksgiving. Nice spacious room. Older furnishings but well kept-up. Close to expressway, but no expressway noise. Friendly staff kept the breakfast bar well stocked both mornings of our stay. Would definitely recommend!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2015

Mediocre, but ok. They were supposed to have a king bed room for us, but put us in a room with 2 queen beds. That is life. The manager that was at the desk with the clerk was not particularly helpful.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family