“Great food”

Cuisines: German, Swiss
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 1 August 2017

This was our first visit, and I must say this will stay in our top restaurants to visit. We had the lunch soup and salad bar. Food was fresh and very tasteful.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

First, bring your appetite, and your cooler to take home the leftovers. My folks visited for their anniversary and liked it so much, they brought me and my husband back for a second visit. I am ever so grateful! I have a new favorite restaurant. The four of us ordered the German Sampler Platter and yes, we did bring a cooler to take home the extra. We also ordered the salad bar. Loved it! There was a sausage gumbo that was to die for. Chili was the other soup, and while I can't remember what the special addition was to it, my folks loved it too. The salads, bread, and cheeses were excellent. I'll admit, both my mom and I tried to copy the turnip slaw the next day, we liked it that much. Even with my home grown horseradish, it couldn't compare.The German cucumber salad was so good too. Pickled herring! With homemade bread, I will pretend I am back in Germany.

Now, the main event. The German Sampler Platter features 8 meat and we ordered the German sides to go along with it. I had the Gruner Spinach casserole and the potato dumpling. I could make a meal on these 2 things alone. The dumpling was soft and delicious, and different than others I have tried - everyone had their own take on it. The spinach was creamy, cheesy, and made my favorite veggie that much better. The meats were so good! Eat slow and don't be afraid to ask for go boxes. The staff are so happy to have you there, so they seem. There was a good crowd and we visited for a late lunch / early dinner. The crowd was growing as we left. To round out this excellent meal, we took home apple strudel. Probably some of the best I have ever had. So sad I couldn't manage to take home some cinnamon ice cream to go along with it. As we nursed food hangovers, we said good bye, looking forward to our next visit. I'll finish by saying "I'm prosting, I'm prosting...." the Schnitzelbank restaurant.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

This is one of my husband's favorite restaurants since his mother is from Germany and he enjoys the nostalgia of her homemade cooking. The food was good. I mentioned two times that it was my husband's birthday. The waitress said NOTHING! They didn't even acknowledge him. I was VERY disappointed that they do not do ANYTHING for a birthday. I will go elsewhere for his birthday next year.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We visited the Schnitz because we stayed next door st the Hampton. It is a quick walk next door. At night, we walked over for a few drinks. Place was busy, but the staff was friendly and accommodating. We say at the bar. They have a large variety of imported bottled beer. Also a nice selection of draft beer. Bar tender was excellent. Overall a great experience. The food coming out of the kitchen looked delicious and had large portions. If you want German food and drinks, this is the place to go.

Gail H, Owner at Schnitzelbank Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Tresa O,
Wow, you made my day!! Thanks for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We appreciate all the nice things you had to say. I also hope your stay at the Hampton was good. Hope to see you back with us soon. Safe Travels!!!

Reviewed 17 July 2017

We live an hour from Jasper and visited for a weekend getaway. All of our friends recommended the Schnitzelbank Restaurant, so we tried it. We both chose German food that we were not familiar with, with the help from our delightful server. The food was very good, way too much to eat. I have no idea why anyone would pay the additional for the salad bar (maybe it was delicious and we missed out), but the small salad with in-house dressing was more than enough to get started. Have never had potato pancakes served with apple butter, but, figured it was there for a reason. Delicious!

Gail H, Owner at Schnitzelbank Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Karen J,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review. We appreciate and love all your comments. I will pass them onto our staff. We hope you can come back to see us again real soon. Again thank you and safe travels!!!