All reviews steak n shake room was clean marriott properties small pool mini fridge business trip nice hotel lobby rates proximity pillows downtown
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Just stayed here for an overnight: clean, typical Courtyard- great staff. I’d recommend. This is not an updated Marriott- with the more updated decor. restaurants nearby, but neighborhood a bit run down.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel is fine for a short stay. Rooms are rather large and comfortable even if a global modernization would improve significantly its standard. People are generally nice and helpful.
Breakfast and diners are also okay.
Main negative point: the heating system in the rooms quite noisy.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

The rooms and bathrooms are a little outdated but the rooms are comfortable. Not sure if this is the case for every year, but there was not a microwave in any of our rooms. Not a big deal but no way to warm up leftovers without leaving the room. If you begin to look closely you'll see a lot of imperfections or lazy contractor work, sloppy caulking around the sinks/showers, etc. the location is great because it's close to a lot of restaurants to walk to. Everyone we encountered was incredibly nice which was a huge plus.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2018

Checked in for a 2 night stay on business. Room and bath area nice sized and comfortable. Lobby had a purchase breakfast that was below par. Convenient parking lot and the Steak N' Shake in the parking lot is a decent options Nothing much to write about on this one

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank kiddogo
Reviewed 21 January 2018

Let me start by saying I am not a novice traveler. I am an Elite Marriott member and a Hilton Lifetime Diamond Club member. This was a short stay for me; 3 nights.

I never got any sleep...just an allergic reaction to the room. I wheezed, coughed, and had a runny nose that kept me from getting to sleep. As soon as I left the room, I was OK. Fortunately, the front desk had Claritin for sale, and while I bought some and took it, it did not allow me to get to sleep. So, I was up all night.

So, having traveled so much, I know these things happen. But I thought the hotel should know there might be an environmental issue with the room. When I received the survey, I filled it out, making it very clear that I suffered an allergic reaction.

The manager, Michael Conner, wrote me and purposely twisted my review which was nothing more than an insult to me. He twisted my allergic reaction to the room into me contract a cold or the flu. Despite the fact that I had not made a request for reimbursement, I think that he wanted to avoid any possible liability in that respect. What a sneaky, underhanded device. I sincerely believe that there are environmental problems with the room that need to be addressed by Courtyard. I'm not given to allergies easily, and in all my travels, this is the first time I have suffered such a reaction.

I have stayed at this hotel at least two other times over the years without any problem. But after this experience, I could not in good conscience recommend this Courtyard to anyone else. Furthermore, it is apparent to me that if you do have a problem, you will not get a fair shake with Michael Conner, the general manager.

Room tip: My profile asks for a higher floor. The Courtyard put me on the ground floor.
Date of stay: January 2018