“Best meal in Indy”

Caplinger's Fresh Catch
Ranked #7 of 2,502 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: USD 8 - USD 19
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: We are a family friendly atmosphere. Limited seating, outdoor seating weather permitting. Very affordable fish and seafood fare. From sandwiches to po/boys,homemade sides,sauces and desserts. Fresh baked buns and rolls for every sandwich. Voted #1 Restaurant in The State of Indiana three different times. Come see what everyone is talking about. Caplinger's Fresh Catch open Tuesday-Saturday. We also have a full, gourmet Fish Market with fresh fish being delivered daily. Call for special orders
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

We were here for vacation with our 2 year old...we came for supper after a day at the Childrens museum. So glad we made the short drive, because it was one of our favorite meals on vacation. We had the Caplingers Special which was 2 huge pieces of lightly breaded fish with hush puppies and okra, and also ordered a lobster roll and a kids mac and cheese. Everything was delicious! Wish we had one of these at home.

1  Thank Ryan C

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Caplinger’s is the first fish market I’ve ever been that doesn’t smell like fish, crazy I know but, that’s huge. The fish and seafood are beautiful; having lived on the coasts of Maine and Alaska I know good seafood as I’m used to buying it straight off the boat at the dock from the folks who actually caught it.

The food they prepare there is fantastic. I had the alligator tail and my daughter had the oysters, both were excellent. I now take a cooler filled with ice when I know I’m going to be up in that part of Indy. You won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

If you like seafood this is the place for you. They have the fresh fish cases with all types of seafood. We ordered a lobster roll, a fish and chicken dinner, and shrimp cocktail. Everything was delicious!

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

The catfish was great, the sides were just as impressive. The food was on par with many competitors that are actually near the ocean! The place was crazy busy, and from carry out to dine in they had their hands full with customers. The fresh fish side had many options for take home as well.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Wonderful meal! The special was very good. Also the lobster roll!! It was very busy when we were there and still very fast service.