“Good brunch menu for Sundays”
Review of OH Yumm! Bistro - CLOSED

OH Yumm! Bistro
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: W 56th
Reviewed 15 April 2015

Sunday brunch menu was tasty an innovative. I had. He poached the eggs on crab cakes over English muffins. The supervisor was lurking over a new waiter making sure he developed his skills ... a bit un-nerving but it may build a good staff. The place is small, the lunch menu tends to be a bit on the pricey side for the offerings but it was good!

Reviewed 11 April 2015 via mobile

Shrimp chowder was excellent as was the white fish entrée special. Really enjoyed banana foster. Tuna salad so so but shrimp add on for it was very good. Fried tomatoes very good especially with relish accompaniment. Waitress very attentive and excellent service. Great place for dinner before show at Clowes Hall.

Reviewed 23 November 2014

This charming dining room is sort of off by itself, surrounded by several other "neighborhood" shops, (bank, classic meat market, jeweler, coffee shop, etc.) There were only a few table occupied on this almost wintery Wednesday evening. We sat in the center of the long, rectangular dining room and didn't have any problem except for one time when an oblivious couple stood there with the front door open. My shrimp and grits were delicious - the bar-b-cue sauce was so flavorful and ample shrimp too. My cousin enjoyed the brisket and his wife said her crab cakes were excellent. We ordered 2 of the cream brulee and they were prepared just right. Service was very good throughout. My only complaint is the very uncomfortable chairs. It always surprised me how restaurants expect people to enjoy an somewhat upscale meal while basically seated on a block of wood with a back on it. Ninety-plus minutes sitting on bare wood is awful - maybe it's their trick to turn the tables. I suggest you bring or ask for a cushion if you want to be comfortable. ps - one day in the future I'm going to phone an order of shrimp and grits to go!

2  Thank Dan G
Reviewed 10 April 2014

2 of us ate here this week. Excellent service from our waitress, allowing us to sample different wines. I had a very tasty starter of the fishcakes, then Korean ribs followed by bread pudding. The chef here is exceptional, as the meals and presentation were excellent. The ambience inside was very good. It was a long drive to get there from downtown but well worth it. I look forward to returning.

2  Thank MisterJon_9
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Shrimp & Grits,Fish tacos, french onion soup with chicken salad sandwich followed by a shared choclate chip bread pudding -
all excellent -