“Nice local restaurant in great location.”
Review of OH Yumm! Bistro - CLOSED

OH Yumm! Bistro
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: W 56th
Reviewed 23 November 2014

This charming dining room is sort of off by itself, surrounded by several other "neighborhood" shops, (bank, classic meat market, jeweler, coffee shop, etc.) There were only a few table occupied on this almost wintery Wednesday evening. We sat in the center of the long, rectangular dining room and didn't have any problem except for one time when an oblivious couple stood there with the front door open. My shrimp and grits were delicious - the bar-b-cue sauce was so flavorful and ample shrimp too. My cousin enjoyed the brisket and his wife said her crab cakes were excellent. We ordered 2 of the cream brulee and they were prepared just right. Service was very good throughout. My only complaint is the very uncomfortable chairs. It always surprised me how restaurants expect people to enjoy an somewhat upscale meal while basically seated on a block of wood with a back on it. Ninety-plus minutes sitting on bare wood is awful - maybe it's their trick to turn the tables. I suggest you bring or ask for a cushion if you want to be comfortable. ps - one day in the future I'm going to phone an order of shrimp and grits to go!

2  Thank Dan G

Reviewed 10 April 2014

2 of us ate here this week. Excellent service from our waitress, allowing us to sample different wines. I had a very tasty starter of the fishcakes, then Korean ribs followed by bread pudding. The chef here is exceptional, as the meals and presentation were excellent. The ambience inside was very good. It was a long drive to get there from downtown but well worth it. I look forward to returning.

2  Thank MisterJon_9
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Shrimp & Grits,Fish tacos, french onion soup with chicken salad sandwich followed by a shared choclate chip bread pudding -
all excellent -
service wonderful.

2  Thank Ruth H
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Oh Yumm does wine dinners which are usually sold out. Was very pleased to finally get an invitation to a craft beer dinner- what a disappointment. The portions were very small even for a tasting dinner and there were only four courses. The moule et pomme frite was good but a small helping; the grilled endive salad was the best course and things went downhill from there. The main course was a half crepe stuffed with beef carbonade- not even a veggie or garnish. Just a bare plate. Dessert was a quarter of a belgian waffle drizzled with nutella and a dollop of whipped cream. It would have been 'chopped' as totally uncreative. The final insult was having an automatic 20% tip added. We weren't at a large table- there were only two of us.

2  Thank Sharon M
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My wife and I had a most delightful lunch at this establishment. It was our first visit. A craft beer, a delicious soup, a burger cooked to perfection and a desert all for one price. The food was good, the portions were just right and the service was outstanding. While we had lunch outside because it was a nice spring like day, it looks like the inside dinning would be a good option as well. You can't go wrong here!