“Very nice!”

Ranked #58 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Very nice!”
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Stayed in this hotel for one night for a family member's 80th birthday. Our extended family had multiple rooms and they arranged for us to all be on the same floor. Very clean property, wonderful breakfast, large rooms with lots of space. Friendly and helpful staff. Only issue we had was a broken pool chair which caused a fall - no serious injuries thank goodness!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
William L, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, 17 October 2011
ChristiCN,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to know that the isolated incident did not detract from your overall view of the hotel, and we would love to accommodate your family for any future group needs in Indianapolis.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Owings Mills, MD
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I stayed at this Wingate by Wyndham 9/29-10/3/2011. I had a good experience. My flight came in early and I was able to check in at 12:30pm as oppose to waiting until 3:00pm. I originally requested a top floor room - I didn't like the smell of the 4th floor hallway when I got there. I asked the front desk clerk for another room on the main floor - which smelled much better. He was happy to change it for me.
The room was a nice size - 2 queen beds, desk, lounge chair, flat screen tv, mini fridge, microwave, and safe. The bathroom was clean - however there was no fan in the bathroom. The breakfast was minimal - coffee, dry cereal, some scrambled eggs, etc. They did have a waffle maker - which is fine if you like that sort of thing. Its not the filling up breakfast - just more of the "on the go" type thing. The location of the hotel is a little off the beaten path - there is a mini shopping center with a Starbucks and Quizno's there.
There was a Bob Evans across the way - but not walking distance. I ended up traveling a few exits down to Cracker Barrel, Fridays, Chillis - and also a Target. The checkout was very easy. The staff was friendly. Of the 4 nights I stayed they did not clean my room just one time when I was there, and I believe it was just a miscommunication between myself and housekeeping. The next morning they were there bright and early. Note: they start cleaning the rooms very early -8am - If you remember to put out the "do not disturb sign" the night before - that is helpful if you sleep in. Great experience overall I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
GJL_29,

Thank you for your informative review. The hotel's breakfast has been expanded to include at least 2 meat items to go with eggs and the make your waffles. Also, guests will receive a discount from LePeep restaurant if a made to order breakfast is more ideal.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a week during a business trip. It was my first time at a Wingate hotel and was fantastic. I booked a suite, very large room with a big comfortable bed and a great living room area. The bathroom was clean and nothing was missing.
The location was perfect for a quick 10 minute drive to the office, very nice nearby area with lots of places to eat.
Would definitively come back whenever I go to Indy for business.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
William L, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, 29 September 2011
Travelling-Argie,

Thank you for taking time to review the Wingate by Wyndham NW. The hotel is an ideal location for business travellers through offering complimentary WIFI, free breakfast and 24 hour access to the fitness center. I hope you were able to join our other guests for the complimentary Tuesday Night dinner or for one of our manager's receptions Monday, Wednesday or Thursday.

Thank you for your kind words, and we look forward to accommodating you in the future!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 August 2011

IWe stay at this hotel 5 times a year! This has become my home away from home while working at the track. I have stayed at several locations in Indianapolis; but this hotel by far is the best. We have returned to this location for over 4 years now and will continue to do so as long as my husband continues to come to Indianapolis for work; as well as the occasional family trip.
The hotel is the clean, super comfortable ( I want to take the bed home as well as the sheets), the breakfast buffet is just perfect for both families and the business traveler, and the pool and public areas are spotless!
If I could have given the hotel 6 stars, I would have.My husband will be returning again at the end of August and look forward to visiting my "Home" away from home.... as long as I can get away from work myself!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Chicago
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Needed to be in the Indy area for my son to go to orientation at IUPUI. I spent a lot of time researching places to stay on a budget. This seemed to have the best reviews and certainly the most competitive price-especially since breakfast was included! This hotel did not disappoint!! The rooms are gorgeous and have recently been decorated. The hotel lobby, eating area and pool/hot tub areas were all very clean. I was surprised to be offered a free beer and popcorn when we arrived back from the campus for the evening. There were no surprises and the beds were very comfy. The hotel is just about 15 mins from downtown Indy-so close enough, but not congested like downtown and NO PARKING FEE!!! This is a great hotel for the money and it will be my go-to for the upcoming year when my son swims for the Jaguars!! There was a microwave and refridgerator which will come in very handy!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family