“A Nice Suprise”

Ranked #78 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Midwest
“A Nice Suprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

I booked a room in October 2011 as part of a conference. After booking it someone told me that it had gotten some poor ratings. But I was happily suprised to receive a very nice room, quite clean, with everthing working as it is suppose to. The conference went quite well and from my view point there were no problems. I didn't hear anyone complaining. I had breakfast in their restaurant and it was quite good, service was good as well. We did have some problems with the sound system when our conference got together in the large hall. The evening banquet was good, food was above average for these sort of conferences. It was strange though no coffee was served. It wasn't just our table either, I was scouting around for a pot, but didn't see anything. check-out was a breeze and uneventful. I'd go back.

Room Tip: First floor is always best.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Butlerville, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

All staff acted friendly and answered all my questions about the area. They accomodated my requests for the shuttle to the flight. They offer a rate that includes parking while you fly and then return which beats paying to park for days at the airport. The pool would make a nice relaxing time during warmer months between flights. Not too far out from downtown for a visit or to see a game. I did notice some noise from the nearby roads and flights but it works for a night when you need to get to your flight. The local construction can make it a nightmare to get to this hotel.

Room Tip: When booking online, look for package deals
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Louisville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

nice room, bar and restaurant, I thought $15.95 each for a pasta/ pizza buffet was a bit much, but it was tasty and quick so no biggie. Some of the reviews say the hotel is old, but I think it looks pretty modern.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

The hotel is pretty old - the rooms have that aged smell. The rooms' air conditioning is bad. My room had no electrical outlets. So I had to unplug some of my lights to plug my laptop and other chargers. They also had a water outage one day and in the evening when the water was restored, only muddy water came through the faucets. The American breakfast served in the restaurant was okay. The plus sides in this hotel are the free Internet and has free airport shuttle.

• Stayed September 2011
Springfield, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

First, the positive - the staff was nice, friendly, and courteous. They run a free shuttle back and forth to the airport. Unfortunately, that is all I can say positive, as the negatives kept coming out. Upon check in the clerk reminded me that the heated pool was open until 10pm. At 8 that night the door to the pool was locked, and a hotel employee said they "think" they are emptying it. The water from my sink and tub ran with a brown hue for 20 minutes until the water cleared up (no wonder they leave water bottles in the bathroom). The room guide states you will get a morning paper. First day - no morning paper but a stack was by the elevators. Second day - no stack by the elevators - had to go to front desk to find stack there. Soda machine only had one selection left in stock. Six TV stations didn't work and three were snowy. I stayed on the 4th floor. When I opened my shades all I saw were the tops of trees - no view at all. Ice maker had a sign "broken use ice makers on 3rd and 5th floors". Those didn't work either. Neither did the ones on the 2nd and 6th floors - I had to trek all the way to the bar and ask for ice (just this fact alone ensures I will never stay there again - I was attending a rather large convention in town and I am sure the hotel was near capacity - this should not have been an issue). Overall it is a business class hotel, which is what I expected, but not worth the business class charge per night I paid. I have stayed at many other business class hotels that were actually within walking distance of ANYTHING (you need transportation to get ANYWHERE from this location) that out performed this place for less than what I paid. Stay here only as a last resort. HA HA. Resort. Get it?

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank KennyFliesHigh
Rita P, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Indianapolis West, responded to this review, 12 October 2011
I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide a review for our property. We pride ourselves on our service and the satisfaction of our guests. We appreciate the feedback you provided, without it we would not be able to improve and provide you the best experience possible. I would like to apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I hope that you will consider us for your next visit to Indianapolis.

Allison Black
Dir. Guest Relations

Travellers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels