All reviews room was clean complimentary popcorn yogurt single king sausage links boiled eggs soccer team free breakfast outdoor pool nice breakfast slept great quiet area budget hotel broad ripple would stay here again place to sleep breakfast bar
Reviewed 6 August 2018

We recently stayed at this hotel through a room block agreement made through "Pastime Tournaments" as we played in a baseball tournament at Grand Park, Indianapolis. The agreement was vague as it stated "Minimum number of nights per guest during event dates: 1". After the first night we stayed we realized that the online price of the hotel was nearly HALF PRICE ($88/night) versus our price of $159. The next day I asked hotel staff to cancel the remainder of our reservation through the "block" agreement as I would like to reserve online for the better rates. The hotel staff wasn't sure what to do, so they were going to ask the Hotel Manager, Jesse Sohi, about the situation. We were informed that they were not allowed to do this due to the "agreement" and the cancellation policy of need to cancel 7 day in advance. In the agreement, this is stated but it is meant for 7 days in advance to ARRIVING as it continues to state "or you will be charged for one nights room plus tax". I requested to speak to the Manager, Jesse, himself so I could ask him to review the agreement with me and our concerns of paying nearly DOUBLE for this hotel. FYI....there were only four of our players staying at this hotel (probably because it was so expensive!) and the Coach did not stay, nor did we receive a complimentary room. I never heard back from Jesse after MULTIPLE attempts at leaving voicemails and messages at the front desk for him to call. This is poor management and extremely poor customer service!

As far as the hotel itself, it has it's pros and cons.....
PROS: Rooms are nice, spacious and pretty clean overall. Pool is nice for warm weather (outside). Small basketball hoop for kids off to the side.
CONS: Housekeeping left our door unlocked after cleaning our room one day. I notified front desk and received an apology. Luckily, nothing was taken from the room. Front Desk staff was not the most courteous. Perhaps this was as I had made multiple attempts to get the manager to call me, which he ignored. They were probably very irritated with this situation as well.

Overall, no, I wouldn't stay here ever again....due to the management. IF I were someone outside of this situation, who needed a room for the night and could stay here for $87/night it is probably worth it....as long as you didn't have any problems, knowing that management will never get back to you.

AND....if you are with Pastime Tournaments, and not receiving a complimentary room through this hotel.....SKIP booking through the agreement and just book online. You will save a LOT of money! Or....just book somewhere else!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2018

We booked this hotel in order to be near a wedding venue in Fishers, IN. The male desk employee cannot be categorized as anything other than rude and unfriendly. The room was extremely dated and actually had cobwebs hanging off the wall light fixtures as well as from the ceiling in the corners! The bathroom was so small, one had to stand behind the door in the corner before the door could be shut and the toilet used. The toilet paper looked like it had been soaked in water before being placed on holder. The tub has been refurbished with a liner, so taking a shower was precarious as the liner was very slick and sloped on the sides. Bathroom vanity area was too small to hold anything more than a toothbrush. Bed was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good. As we ate breakfast, we watched a hotel employee stop at corner of sidewalk outside the window of the dining area, pull a baggie of pot from her smock pocket and proceed to roll a joint! She and another male employee exited the hotel onsite dumpster area as we walked to our truck. Guess that’s the spot to share a morning blunt. We won’t be staying at this hotel again, nor will we recommend to friends.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank kstraveler2018
Reviewed 7 July 2018

Just to be sure it is clear I am a hotel snob. I love fine hotels. We stayed here for lacrosse games. First off - the staff is WONDERFUL. Everyone is very friendly and kind. The building is late 70's and is showing wear. The rooms were VERY CLEAN and very small. I found it strange that maid service would ask if we wanted our room cleaned when we were staying for multiple days. I really thought if you were at a hotel, they would clean your room. They ran out of free breakfast. BUT they did scramble and refilled the breakfast bar. The ad says Indoor/outdoor pool. There is nothing about the pool that is inside. No hot tub either. BUT they had laundry. Laundry is very important to parents with kids who are playing sports! I had no issues with any one or anything on the property. It was clean, friendly and food was ok. Parking lot was full! It was hard to find a space to park. Overall it was worth the money we paid to come here. My brother travels for his job. He always says he would rather stay in Indy than drive to Chicago. Indy is cleaner and nicer. For this stay, I would agree. Oh one other thing - they have FREE popcorn at 4pm every day - LOVE IT!

Room tip: There are only 2 floors, but try to stay in the main part. Other wise its a hike to the food an the pool.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel had a good location. Room was clean but definitely dated. It was very humid in the room as well even when the air was keeping the room very cold. Bathroom is extremely small. Breakfast was good but would have liked to have had some bacon or sausage available. All staff were very friendly and helpful.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Our room had painted over water damage and no clean towels. It seemed clean otherwise. The bathroom was very small. I could barely fit between the toilet and the door as I closed it. There was a decent breakfast buffet including a waffle maker, one of our favorites.

Trip type: Travelled with family