“Great date spot! Well worth the trip!”

Indianapolis Museum of Art
Ranked #5 of 182 things to do in Indianapolis
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: With a collection of more than 54,000 works of art, an early-20th-century estate, 152 acres of gardens and grounds, including an outdoor art and nature park, the IMA campus offers experiences that feed both the heart and mind.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Hubby and I came up from Louisville fir a date day road trip! We were very impressed with the museum and grounds. I especially loved the Lilly House! Can’t wait to visit again and see the flowers in full bloom in the gardens.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,316)
All reviews
in 19 reviews
"beautiful building"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

This museum is beautiful and well worth stopping in. There is plenty of art to see as well as a nature park that you can explore. There was a playground for kids. There was also an art piece called “Funky Bones” which was in the movie “The Fault in Our Stars”. If you like art then you will like this museum.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Visited the museum last Friday - the building itself is inspiring. We enjoyed two floors of the museum, the 2nd and the 3rd floor. Great to see the L O V E sculpture! We did not have a chance to visit anywhere else, i.e., gardens, mansion, beer garden, as it was too cold and windy for outdoor enjoyment. What we did see, was impressive. There was a very smooth flow to the galleries. A truly wonderful collection of European Art and American Art, including home furnishings. As an enthusiast of Spanish Renaissance and Baroque painting, I enjoyed the works by El Greco. Wish the people I was with enjoyed art more! I would have spent a good bit more time here.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I came here on a Friday afternoon. There was Admission for the museum but not for the Gardens or The Virginia B. Fairbanks Art & Nature Park: 100 Acres. I was able to tour the inside of the lily house, a nicely decorated mansion, and the greenhouse.l, which was small and not that interesting. I then walked to the Nature Park. Since the museum map stats that the Nature Park was opened from dawn to dusk and since I came here at 3:30pm and still wanted to visit the nearby Crown Hill Cementery, which closed at 5pm, I opted to go visit the cemetery and then come back here to visit the Nature Park. When I came back? I was surprised to see the Nature park’s ramp (where you can access without going through the museum) closed off and ask a security about it, who informed me that since the ramp was closed off, the hours of the Nature Park was the same as the museum. I was annoyed that the museum map didn’t say anything about that. So, unfortunately I wasn’t able to go to the Nature Park. At least I was able to visit the greenhouse and the lily house.