Open today: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Review Highlights
Winterlights was enjoyable enough, needs more theme development.

I am a member of IMA and finally got to see the Winterlights show on the last Saturday. There were... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
KShad
Indianapolis, Indiana
Winter Lights Display

The IMA starts decorating in September for the Winter Lights show at Newfields. It runs from the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Morgan W
Noblesville, Indiana

Recommended experiences in and around Indianapolis
from USD 80.00
More Info
1,353 results
All reviews lilly house nature park love sculpture van gogh contemporary design robert indiana permanent collection sculpture garden free admission special exhibit spend an afternoon gift shop on display rainy day great place to visit beautiful building ima
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

This museum is beautiful and well worth stopping in. There is plenty of art to see as well as a nature park that you can explore. There was a playground for kids. There was also an art piece called “Funky Bones” which was in the movie “The Fault in Our Stars”. If you like art then you will like this museum.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Visited the museum last Friday - the building itself is inspiring. We enjoyed two floors of the museum, the 2nd and the 3rd floor. Great to see the L O V E sculpture! We did not have a chance to visit anywhere else, i.e., gardens, mansion, beer garden, as it was too cold and windy for outdoor enjoyment. What we did see, was impressive. There was a very smooth flow to the galleries. A truly wonderful collection of European Art and American Art, including home furnishings. As an enthusiast of Spanish Renaissance and Baroque painting, I enjoyed the works by El Greco. Wish the people I was with enjoyed art more! I would have spent a good bit more time here.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I came here on a Friday afternoon. There was Admission for the museum but not for the Gardens or The Virginia B. Fairbanks Art & Nature Park: 100 Acres. I was able to tour the inside of the lily house, a nicely decorated mansion, and the greenhouse.l, which was small and not that interesting. I then walked to the Nature Park. Since the museum map stats that the Nature Park was opened from dawn to dusk and since I came here at 3:30pm and still wanted to visit the nearby Crown Hill Cementery, which closed at 5pm, I opted to go visit the cemetery and then come back here to visit the Nature Park. When I came back? I was surprised to see the Nature park’s ramp (where you can access without going through the museum) closed off and ask a security about it, who informed me that since the ramp was closed off, the hours of the Nature Park was the same as the museum. I was annoyed that the museum map didn’t say anything about that. So, unfortunately I wasn’t able to go to the Nature Park. At least I was able to visit the greenhouse and the lily house.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Love this museum not only for the exhibits, but the gardens and movies! The kids love it for the activity areas and all the grounds to run. It is great in spring, summer and fall! The 100 Acres is free and accessible all the time. Lilly House is great during Christmas time! One of our favorite places in all of Indianapolis!

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 24 March 2018

I enjoyed the museum. They had Some rare pieces. The art was just beautiful. Very pleasant exhibits too.