“Only average”
Review of Metro Diner

Metro Diner
Ranked #71 of 2,479 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Reviewed 6 April 2018

It’s a step above Denny’s, but not what I would call memorable. It’s a diner atmosphere so it’s loud and busy. The food is average. It just seems to be missing quality ingredients that could make it much better. I can see where it might be popular to meet family or friends for a bite. But for me, it was not a place I would go out of my way to visit again.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The food here is amazing. My daughter recommended it and she was right on. Four generations for brunch. Some of us had breakfast and some of us lunch. Jon our waiter was cheerful and so attentive to every need. You will not leave hungry. Not close to home, but worth the drive. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Visited our operations in Indy with a line of business lead contemporary and suddenly realized we were both hungry. Rolled the dice on Metro based on Trip Advisor reviews. The second our food arrived we looked at each other knowingly that we had made a great choice for lunch. She had the daily burger with the pickle slaw and I had the “newest” item on the menu, the fried chicken sandwich. We devoured both and they were amazing meals. Man bun server was quite entertaining also. Highly recommended!!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We ate here for the first time this week. Hubby had the Philly steak sandwich and fries. I had the chicken Alfredo and our daughter had the fish with onion rings.

We all thought the fish was the best meal of the three. You get 4 pieces of fish and two sides. The onion rings were fair...kind of chewy, but flavor was decent.

We voted the Alfredo as the next best. The sauce was thick and had an amazing taste. The penne noodles were perfect. The crisp bacon on top was great.

Hubby liked his sandwich, but probably wouldn’t get it again. We all thought the fries were plain and nothing special.

It cost around $40 with the tip. Staff was friendly and helpful.

1  Thank IndyMom21
Reviewed 8 February 2018

Crab Benedict was very good, and it was served with a generous helping of hash browns. The potatoes are just that. If you like yours with onions, they're extra. Breakfast is served all day. The Philly cheesesteak was very good, and is served with cheese, diced green peppers and diced onions. It was just a bit dry, but still tasty. The waiter was attentive, and brought a refill of iced tea without being asked. We were there on a Tuesday around 12:30, and had no wait time. We'll be back to try the chicken.

1  Thank Nerophiliac