“NICE STAY. BAD LOCATION”

Comfort Suites Kildeer Drive
Ranked #83 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 July 2017

We stayed in June and we liked the hotel. Good staff and breakfast. Our room was nice and the pool was nice. The biggest problem was the traffic from construction getting to the hotel. Other than that the stay was very nice. I would recommend to anyone other than when they are tearing up the roads in Indianapolis. Thanks

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 June 2017

I was double charged for my stay. The front desk and GM were not helpful in any way. The front desk was rude and the GM was deceptive and disinterested. The corporate help line was no help and could barely speak English (they had a thick Eastern European accent). Several people in our group were hit with mysterious charges. Check your bill closely...

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Joseph V
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed here with a huge group for a baseball tournament. When we arrived at check in rooms still were not cleaned. When we were finally given our room we opened the door to another family who had already been assigned that room. Took forever to wait in line to get another room. Once we had a new room it was not very clean. I had to get Clorox wipes and clean it myself. Then each night of our stay there was a hateful lady named Lynette at the front desk who would yell at everyone if they were too loud, which they were not. Every night there would be several groups hanging out in the lounge part of the lobby and she would yell at everyone. It was ridiculous. There was also an overnight girl at the desk who was equally as hateful. Then our friends were overcharged almost $500 on top of the $350 we paid for our stay which put their bank account in the negative. We tried to get it straightened out to no avail. Lynette was super hateful about this. She was rude to our friends and kept tell8ng them it was the banks fault even though the bank tried to talk to her. When asked for the manager she told us he would be there in 2 hours. 4 hours later still no show. When I asked her about it she said he would be in at 9am the next day. I told her we had been waiting for 4 hours and she got hateful with me raising het voice again. Then the next day when we finally talked to the manager he refused to reverse the charges still claiming its the banks fault. While talking to him Lynette would chime in being loud and hateful. It has been 2 days since we got home and their mistake is still not fixed. It's unbelievably ridiculous. So needless to say we won't ever be going back there.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel early and got a nice rate. The room was nice and the bed comfortable. We didn't eat breakfast there but everything was what we needed. Somewhere to sleep for a night. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2017

I stayed here with my daughter and her children during a recent trip. The staff was nice and helpful, a quick check-in and check-out process. The rooms are a good size and cleaned nicely. Pool and fitness center are good for the size of this small hotel. The only downside was at breakfast in the morning. My grandchildren are being brought up Muslim like their father, so they could not eat the pork sausages and the fried eggs were like rubber. I suggested we look at what cereals were offered only to be met with almost all "adult" cereals. Lots of heart healthy options for me, but there was only one true kids cereal (fruit loops) and there was only one left of that. I asked if there were more of the cereal since both of the grandkids wanted that rather than a waffle or the very dry pastries that were available only to be told that the one out was the last one. We came down closer to the end of breakfast, which may account for the dry pastries and bread options, but I would think a hotel that looked to have several families and children staying would offer more than one option for a kids cereal. I can understand the pork, as I'm not sure how many guests they get that cannot eat pork, but to have so many families with children staying and to lack any sort of real breakfast menu for them is surprising. We ended up running into the Speedway in front of the hotel and grabbing the kids cereal bars to take on the road instead. Other than that little snafu our stay was nice and if we are ever in the area again, would look about staying here, but definitely will be looking into eating breakfast out if the children are with us again.

Room Tip: Call and ask the hallway music be turned down if need be at night. It can be turned down.