New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Climb Time Indy

Climb Time Indy
Ranked #15 of 41 Fun & Games in Indianapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: Climb Time Indy is dedicated to providing the best that rock climbing has to offer. We are focused on maintaining a safe environment where climbers of all ability levels and ages can get better, learn more and above all else, have fun climbing. Climb Time offers a wide range of difficulty levels from very easy to moderate to extremely difficult. Whether you are looking for powerful bouldering, sustained routes, or just a day out with the family, Climb Time Indy has what you are looking for!
Indiana
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“What a blast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

This place was great. I didn't know what to expect, having never been rock climbing before. We went on a Saturday night, around 7, and there were only a few other couples in there. The staff was very friendly and didn't make us feel too much like rookies!
The workout was intense, and if I lived a little closer I'd probably join. Highly reccomend this place for a fun afternoon, or night, of physical activity.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank hsipes

illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Spring break highlight for the kids!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2010

We visited Climb Time Indy this past Saturday while we were in town visiting family. My kids loved it! It is not always easy to find an activity that will entertain kids ranging in age from 5 to 15, but Climb Time was a hit with all of them! None of us had any climbing experience, but this was not an issue. The man at the front desk helped the kids with their harnesses and took the time to teach us the ropes.
You must be 15 or older to help another person by holding their ropes. So, if you are taking younger kids, keep in mind that you will need one adult per kid to hold their ropes.
I thought the prices were reasonable. It is $18 for everything you will need for kids over 10. There is a discounted rate for kids younger than 10. The one day pass is good all day and you can leave and come back if you choose.
This was the highlight of my kids' spring break and we will definitely return next time we are in Indy.

Indianapolis, IN
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great staff, rude owner”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2009

I've been to Climb Time Indy a number of times in the last few weeks and was planning to buy a membership. The staff had been very helpful and friendly, and it was a great workout. The gym is safe and clean, and while its a bit expensive, the cost of membership is about the same as a gym membership. The day I went in to buy a membership, however, my friend and I were treated very rudely. He gave me a bunch of instructions really quickly and I didn't understand what he had said. When I asked him to repeat himself, he just yelled the last 3 words at me. Twice. Then there was a difference in the price he charged me from the last time I had been there, so I asked him about it. Rather than explaining that they have certain discounts on certain days, or apologizing for the discrepancy, he huffed that if he found out what employee didn't charge me enough, he would fire them. Basically, the entire visit was like that. Once, I needed his assistance and went to the desk to find him, but couldn't find him anywhere. Needless to say, I did not buy a membership and am reconsidering visiting this place again.

6 Thank guitargirl_RN
Indiana
“The rock climbing was a blast and the workers were helpful.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2008

When I went to climb time towers in Carmel, the people helped put on my harness, they clearly described the safety rules, and they were very helpful. When we got to the point where we were climbing up the ropes, they made sure we knew how to tie the knot on the rope before we were allowed to climb.

I would recommend it to anyone, although it is a bit on the expensive side.