“Good ribs”
Review of Matt-Hew's BBQ

Matt-Hew's BBQ
Ranked #7 of 21 Restaurants in Huntingburg
Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

Me and my wife shared a whole rack of ribs and had the mac and cheese and baked beans. The ribs were excellent and a decent amount for the price. The beans were good had a smokey flavor but the mac and cheese was really bland and not much cheese or flavor. We will definitely give it another try.

1  Thank Dean F

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

This is a order at the counter and then go get your table kind of BBQ restaurant. Some like that some don't. For the guy with the ribs they asked us if we wanted them wet or dry. I had the ribs wet they were very tender and 1/2 rack was all I needed. The beans were a little plain. They had German fries that were good. The wife had the pulled pork that she really liked. That had different sauce's to put on what ever you wanted.
They also have daily specials. That day it was 1pound steak or a whole pile of rib tips. The next day it was going to be teriyaki turkey tenders and a honey ham. Made me want to come back the next day.
Nice quite little BBQ joint.
Will be coming back again.

1  Thank Mike5982
Reviewed 2 October 2016

I was really disappointed in our experience at this new family owned restaurant. I fully support family businesses and was excited to see them open. I went on a Saturday night and picked up a call in order I had made. I ordered 1/2 Rack BBQ Ribs, potato salad and baked beans. The potato salad appeared home made and was good. The baked beans were indifferent and I couldn't tell if they were from a can or home made, but they were acceptable. The BBQ ribs were tender but I had taken this order home after picking it up. It was sitting on the counter waiting for me so we paid and left. When I got home, I realized my BBQ ribs were naked. NO BBQ to be found anywhere. Not even the smell of BBQ. My wife called about the BBQ sauce and they told her that they don't put it on and if we wanted BBQ we would have needed to tell them. Really? Its a BBQ place and I ordered BBQ ribs. Taking it a step further, if they don't put BBQ on the ribs, the least they can do is ask their customer if they want BBQ sauce. Enough on the BBQ sauce issue, but we did take it back and the female owner didn't seem to interested in helping so the cook from the back came out and took care of us. Atleast he was friendly. We simply wanted some BBQ sauce put on our ribs. So we had our sauce now and went home to our cold baked beans and potato salad. The taste was fine but nothing special. I was hoping this place would be successful but I would be surprised it they are in business this time next year. Horrible customer service skills and average food for premium $$$ = failure. I won't return!!!

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Ordered the pulled pork and beef brisket plates. Our sides were Mac & Cheese and Cream Slaw. The pulled pork was soaked in BBQ sauce and more like thick soup. The beef brisket was good but the Mac & Cheese was dried out and lacked taste/body. The slaw was the best part of the meal. They serve Dewig Meats which is a plus. We were late diners about mid afternoon which may have something to do with the sides.