“Basic sleeping necessities”

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Hammond
Bangor, Pennsylvania
“Basic sleeping necessities”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

I was over flow from the C R England class. When they can't fit all of their students into the Home Towne Lodge they shuffle them off to Motel 6. It was a decent room and the 2nd floor room was quiet as I did get a good night sleep the 3 nights out of 20 I attended the school. If you have the means to stay at the Best Western next door do so , but seeing C R England picked up the tab for the room , it was worth it. If your traveling by yourself , or with a companion ( without children ) I do recomend.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank ihatecats

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Vail, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

Perhaps the WORST place I've ever stayed! Don't know where the "good" reviews came from! I stopped here one night after a long day of driving. If I weren't so tired and didn't already have my cat settled in the room I would have demanded a refund and left. I think I should have! The shower drain still had clumped up hair in it from a previous guest (didn't notice til I was actually in it). In addition the shower pressure was a mere trickle and the water temperature was lukewarm at best, even turned up as high as it could go. The towels and sheets smelled bad; there was a hole in the top sheet and no blankets...just the comforter, which also had a small hole. The heater unit didn't work properly either and I ended up going out to my car in the middle of the night to get my own blanket I was s cold. There was a smell of cigarette smoke all night long, despite the fact that it was a non-smoking room. I was awakened several times from noisy people talking outside. Finally, the staff was very unfriendly. Stay away.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Colleen B

Travellers are raving about these Hammond hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

I was tired and so I found this motel 6 on my phone and ill never stay here again the towels was filthy and I'm glad I always travel with my own and the sheets on one bed had sex stains so gross and the tv was small and u here people yelling outside all night

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank niya40
south florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2011

It's very clean, no weird smells or anything, very firm bed, clean everything. For the price its great value. Iffy clientele and some loud conversations outside at times but for $60 w tax for two people it suited my needs perfectly.

• Stayed June 2011
Lafayette, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2011

This location must have seen the horrible reviews or are under new management because it was nothing like the previous reviews described. I was impressed with the improvements like hardwood floors (the laminate-piece type, not actual hardwood), clean beds, large room and new bathtub. However, I can understand how this property probably devolved due to the clientele. I imagine it can be very frustrating to do a lot of work to make something nice, only to have it ruined by stupid people. The new bathtub had several burn spots where some idiot left cigarettes burning too long. As a smoker, I take great care never to leave such evidence. It's a shame others don't feel the same. The bed springs were a bit creaky but comfortable and I got a great night's sleep. The only thing I could really complain about was that the outside wall was thin, so you can hear people talking loudly as they walked by the room. It could just be that the door or large window could use some added insulation or thickening to dampen outside noise. Otherwise, a nice surprise. I stayed in room 268 and Jessica was an excellent help in finding a room with both wi-fi and that was close to where my truck was parked.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hammond
0.1 km away
2.4 km away
Courtyard Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN
2.3 km away
Residence Inn Chicago Southeast/Hammond, IN

Been to Motel 6 Hammond? Share your experiences!