“Good breakfast or lunch”

Yiayia's House of Pancakes
Ranked #23 of 213 Restaurants in Greenwood
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

I ate here about noon on a Saturday to have breakfast. Had cheddar cheese omelette with hash Browns, wheat toast & ice tea. The tea was brought with a big chip out of the rim of the glass so asked for a new one which I got. Food was good but I had to ask for more tea when my glass got low. It’s only open for breakfast & lunch.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 1 August 2018

I live not far away from Yiayia's, and it's my husband and I's go-to restaurant for a great breakfast or brunch out--especially if we are celebrating anything. The portion sizes are huge, the food is fabulous, and the service is prompt and courteous. The restaurant has been clean every single time I've been there, which is no small feat, because they're always very busy. I usually get the "Opa! Omelette," which has gyro meat, feta cheese, and tzatziki sauce, and is delicious. Even though it's a huge omelette, it comes with more than one side. Alhough one of the side is usually bread or hotcakes, they let me replace that with fresh fruit for no upcharge, since I have to eat gluten-free. That is fabulous customer service on their part, since most other breakfast restaurants insist on upcharging for this. If you're a coffee drinker, you'll love this place, because the wait staff is very good at checking whether you need more to drink. Can't say enough good about this place!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Years ago when this restaurant opened, I thought it was fine. I enjoyed breakfast on several occasions, but I enjoyed my breakfast company much more than the food. Today, we chose Yiayia's for breakfast and were so incredibly impressed by several aspects of the restaurant.

First, we enjoyed the new menu. Not only was the menu items offered streamlined, the menu itself was so much more classy than before. Gone were the endless lists of items and gaudy color blocks.

Secondly, the servers seemed so much more professional, and the restaurant itself seemed so much cleaner. Dressed in black on black, they seemed so much more "on it" than I had noted before. Instead of eating breakfast at a slash-slinging diner, I felt like I was eating at a nice cafe or restaurant.

For breakfast, I chose the traditional eggs benedict although I could have selected a version that included hash. My friend ate a huge skillet breakfast, which was one of several available. In fact, they had the option of enjoying certain combinations as either skillets or omelets.

Our total bill for two of us eating full breakfasts with drinks hovered around $21, which seemed to be just right for the experience.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Lot’s of restaurants serve good breakfasts. Far fewer serve great ones. Yiayia’s (Greek for grandma) does the latter. We got their Big Breakfast. Everything came out piping hot including large sausages, thick bacon, delicious French toast and eggs just as ordered. Add steaming delicious coffee and we were sold. This was no Denny’s though the prices were barely more. You need to find one of these and go soon!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Consistency is the name of the game here. Lots of good servers here and generous portions always. Omelets are absolutely awesome. Best in Greenwood.

Date of visit: May 2018