“Standard Coffee House Fare in a Friendly Atmosphere”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Brickhouse Coffee Co.
Ranked #3 of 10 Coffee & Tea in Greenwood
Reviewed 5 March 2018

This place occupies part of a large building that used to be a famous mega-cafeteria (Jonathan Byrd's). The other part of the building is now occupied by a church, but other than a connecting door there is no obvious link between the two. The decor is comfortable, with brick walls, a polished concrete floor and heavy metal chairs, some of which are flanked by gas fireplace stoves which were vert cozy on a chilly early-Spring day. The coffee was very good, strong but not acidic, and prices compared favorably to Starbuck's. On Saturdays and Sundays they have an omelet station, and my wife and I each had one with cheese, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, and ham. They were perfectly cooked and delicious! Service was a little slow, but the barista apologized, saying they had to grind a new batch of beans. All in all, it was a very pleasant experience, and we'll go back for sure.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Way better than the corporate chain a block away. I’ve never liked chai tea, but I find myself obsessed with Brickhouse’s Vanilla Chai Tea! It’s so yummy! The omelette bar they have on the weekends is excellent as well! It’s our favorite local coffee shop with the best atmosphere!

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Fabulous atmosphere. Plenty of seats available to enjoy a great cup of coffee. Each cup is individually brewed. There is also a drive up window.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

We wanted a place to take our grandkids for hot chocholate (and get coffee for the adults) while returning them to their parents, at a location midway between their house and ours, after a week's stay with us. This location fit the bill perfectly! Service was prompt, and the open seating was conducive for conversing. Although they were fairly busy, we didn't feel crowded in the least, and the ambient noise level was low enough that it didn't interfere with the conversing a bit.

The menu was a bit confusing, although I guess those who regularly visit coffee shops (which I do not) may understand it much better than I did. I understand that what I wound up getting was an espresso/mocha/milk concoction, which was excellent after I added two packets of sugar-in-the-raw, available near the pick-up window. (This was the barista's recommendation after we discussed my preferences.) The total bill for 3 kids' lactose-free hot chocolates, three adults' coffees, and one adult tea, was $26 plus change, including tax and tip, for the seven of us.

Our son-in-law, who is a youth minister, stated that this would be an excellent place to take his youth group to on one of their outings.

There is a limited food menu, which we did not use. (I would have left the food rating blank, but TripAdviser did not allow it, so I gave it an average rating, guessing the food they had was about average for a coffee shop.)

Be sure to check out the decor in the rest rooms.

1  Thank Alvin R
Reviewed 5 October 2017

We came here for an hour on the way to church. It is right by the interstate where Jonathan Byrd’s Cafeteria used to be. They’ve done a very nice job decorating and they’ve only been open seven weeks as of the first week of October 2017. They are a very nice addition to the coffeehouse scene in the Greenwood area. There is a wood stove, and a tub with games like Apples to Apples, etc. Looks to be another great gathering place just south of Indy. Their coffee is good too! Come on by for a change of pace!