All reviewscinnamon rollsbreakfast was includedlight bulbshouse keeperwarm temperaturetypical hieoffice chairnice hotelfitness roomwould stay here againthe hotel staffbusiness meetingmeeting roomomeletbreakfast areafront desk staffindoor pool
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

If I would have left clothes or something I could almost certainly understand why they didn't clean room. I dropped an empty eye drop bottle and that's a good reason? I have cleaned rooms before so I understand the work but I also understood that was a job I chose to do. I stay in a lot of hotels year around but I have to say that is the first note of an excuse I have seen. lol I have stayed at this location a few times and I'm sure this will be the last. I just think they could do better considering they carry a Holiday Inn name. It's probably the worst one I've stayed in. Needs a little attention and apparently new help.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Goshen, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Dear peggybush,

We would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write the review regarding your stay with one of our IHG hotels. While our goal is to deliver exceptional service and comfortable accommodation to all of our guests, we apologize the lack of upkeep in the room received let down your stay. Please know that the situation described is definitely not what we expect from any of our hotels nor something that we take this matter lightly. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention as this is our best resource to know how our hotels are being managed to a high standard and to evaluate what can be given additional attention. I have alerted the hotel management about your concerns so that necessary actions will be taken, as we work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest experience are superior.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to pamper you with exceptional service and accommodation on your next visit.

Grace P.
IHGService

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We arrived at the Goshen Holiday Inn for a family reunion. Our room was dirty, including a crushed water bottle and a toenail on the floor. The sink and tub wouldn't drain, and the toilet seat was broken. We talked to the front desk person who said she would help but nothing was done by the next day. Instead we showered in standing dirty water. The front desk refused to compensate us in any way for the trouble upon checking out. Terrible experience for my family.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Luther W
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Goshen, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Hi Luther W,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and leaving feedback. I regret to learn that you were let down by the room's upkeep, condition of the bathroom and service received. Comments such as yours are important and relayed to the team to help point out areas that need additional attention.

In line with this, do know that an e-mail was sent to further reach out to you. Despite the setbacks mentioned on your review, I hope you find your way back to us should your travels bring you again to the area for a chance to make your stay better than the last.

Ronald R.
IHG Service

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Standard in all respects to satisfy one's expectations at a Holiday Inn Express hotel. Good breakfast, clean room and hot shower are the very basics to come away. Good location on the main road north of town.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2017

We are a military family originally from Indiana but currently stationed in Hawaii. My wife made the long trip back to Indiana last week to attend a memorial service for her father who passed away in April. She was traveling with one of our daughters and our dogs (2 small Pomeranians, totaling about 10 pounds for the both of them). There aren't many hotel options in the area and since we had pets, this narrowed the search even further. We opted for the Holiday Inn Express in Warsaw because their pet policy was $10 per night cheaper than their competitor ($40/night vs. $50/night). Their pet policy specifically states, "dogs and cats under 15 pounds accepted...$40 nightly fee". Their competitor's policy states, "Pet accommodations: $25 per night, per pet". $10 bucks a night makes a difference on such a long trip.

When my wife checked in to the hotel at 3:30am after a long day of traveling, the clerk told her the pet fee is actually $40 PER PET per night! We showed him how the pet policy was reflected online and how it compared to the other hotel's listing. He agreed that it was inconsistent and didn't put any pet fee on the check in documents. Three days later, when my wife checked out, you guessed it...an $80 per night pet fee was included in the bill! Room rate per night: $91...pet fee per night: $80!!!! I could have booked a separate room for my dogs at almost the same price!!

I called and spoke to Carly, the assistant manager, and tried to talk to her about what their pet policy states and how ridiculous that is. She could care less. I asked to speak to the hotel manager (apparently his name is Bob). He wasn't there but I was told he would be in later that day. I left my number and asked that he return my call, but he never did.

As I said, we are a military family and we travel all the time with our pets. I have NEVER incurred an $80 per night charge for our pets. I even called the The Conrad Hotel (the most exclusive hotel in downtown Indianapolis), and their pet policy is a $75 charge PER STAY!

I only write this review to caution others who are considering staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Warsaw. This isn't a situation where the carpets in the room weren't vacuumed or the towels were dirty. I believe they deliberately and deceptively tried to take advantage of me. I will be filing a complaint with the Consumer Complaint Division of the Indiana Attorney General's Office, but please consider my experience before deciding to book your reservation with them.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Goshen, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Hi travelinfromYorktown,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our hotel. I would like to apologize for the issues you had with the pet fee at the hotel after your stay. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I would like to follow up on this situation that is why I have sent you a private message to obtain more information. I hope that you can respond at your soonest available time.

Despite the disappointment, thank you for staying with us.

Regards,

Mike F.
IHGService

Reviewed 30 June 2017

This hotel is similar to other Holiday Inn Express hotels. i am a little surprised at the ranking as from my point of view, everything was fine. The rooms were clean, the staff polite, and the breakfast offerings were of typical HIE quality. What i like the most about this hotel is the location to Fiddler Pond Park. Directly across the street from the hotel is a park with a beautiful 1.5 mile trail around the lake. I enjoy not having to drive anywhere to get an after work workout.

I've stayed here multiple times and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business