“Great Food ands Service”
Review of Court Street Cafe

Court Street Cafe
Ranked #1 of 87 Restaurants in Franklin
Price range: USD 4 - USD 12
Description: Court Street Café serves daily fare that features, fresh - made from scratch ingredients. Homemade soups, fresh salads, fresh hamburgers cooked in cast iron skillets. One of the House Specialties is a Bacon Bleu Cheeseburger, which has been dubbed by one customer as "the best burger I've ever eaten in my life." Daily specials feature specialty sandwiches and fresh baked quiche. Breakfast is served all day on Saturday and features made-to-order meals of Banana Nut French Toast and Sausage Gravy and Biscuits, to name just a few. The ambiance was recently described as "vintage, chic"! We call it home and we hope you will too!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We drove an hour to eat in this restaurant and it was worth it! The food menu has several creative combinations and some “main stream” meals as well. My grilled chicken salad (on gluten free bread ) and tomato soup was outstanding. The hot chocolate was also wonderful. The great thing about this restaurant is they can seat 18 people at one long table in the center or seat small groups on the side. The server was terrific. She obviously loves food and provides input to your selection if you ask.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First experience eating at Court Street Cafe. My family ate breakfast. The food was so good and service was even better!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is such a cute place. The food was spectacular, the atmosphere was cozy and service was superb. Definitely a place to visit on a regular basis. Check it out!

Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

I had my first experience at the Court St., Cafe in Franklin Indiana today with a group of eight friends. It was our first time to eat there. The best thing about the café was the service given by an excellent server. The rest was a disappointment. First of all, it is a very small narrow high ceiling venue with concrete floor and limited seating. In the center of the room there is a long farmhouse table that can seat about 18 to 20 people. All the other tables were against walls, surrounding the farmhouse table in the center, and those tables were dedicated to parties of 2, 3, or 4. Our group Was seated at the long farmhouse table along with two other parties of two Needless to say, it is a very noisy settings. If one table has people that talk or laugh loudly, it prevents everyone else from hearing conversation at their own table. Such was the case today.
Secondly, I was very disappointed with my lunch entrée. My lunch choice was a cucumber tomato sandwich with guacamole, cream cheese, and Italian spices which was to be served on grilled bread. The three pictures below depict the great disappointment that I experienced. Quality control in the kitchen is lacking. The guacamole was nearly black; the tomatoes were sliced a half inch thick, The Italian spice was very dry, shaker style, and extreme in quantity. The type of bread, and quantity of bread did not match the contents of the sandwich. I could not even tell if the bread had been grilled. For some strange reason, besides the cucumbers on the sandwich, they were cucumber slices placed under the sandwich on the plate.
Despite the appearance, I chose to sample the sandwich. The tomato flavor was good, the guacamole was nearly tasteless, the cream cheese was very good, but there was too much Italian spice with heavy oregano flavor. Open face presentation was very disappointing. Cucumbers were not even visible. The sandwich was too cumbersome to attempt to eat with a hand or two. The sandwich was very difficult to cut because the bottom of the bread was so hard.
The price of $8.95 was fair.
One of my friends got the grill cheese sandwich with tomato basil soup. That tomato basil soup looked excellent. The grill cheese sandwich appeared to have been made with Velveeta.
We will not be returning to the restaurant. The good news is that downtown Old Town Franklin Indiana has numerous lunch and dinner time restaurants.

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

My husband and I like to enjoy a late lunch at the Court Street Cafe. We love the blue cheese bacon burger but I get experimental and everything that I’ve tried has been delicious, you can see the care taken with the beautiful presentation of each meal. It adds a nice touch of class to our beautiful downtown area.