All reviews red river steakhouse sports bar wedding reception pool area room was clean hot tub in town parking lot free breakfast marquis ballroom banquet courtyard repair wayne ft conference
Reviewed 20 July 2016

Were in town for a baseball game. Wanted a place with an outdoor pool, which was tough to find. This did the trick. It actually is an indoor/outdoor pool cross over. It is about a 10 minute uber ride to the ballpark. The hotel was nice enough, rooms were clean and the rate was just under $100/night. Again, it did the trick for what we were looking for.

G Man

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
David W, General Manager at Ramada Plaza & Conf Center by Wyndham Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

Thank you for the review and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay and the pool. WE thank you for your business and please hurry back soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2016

As a Product Specialist for a well known Software/Hardware Manufacturer, I typically visit the Fort Wayne area once a quarter and for a week in June for a pretty sizable trade show. I'm not sure how, but its become a tradition to stay at the Hotel Fort Wayne. I believe it has something to do with the huge courtyard, and rooms right off the courtyard and Beer!

The rooms are decent at best, but because we are at the trade show all day, it doesn't really matter. Do be cautioned that there are no microwaves or mini-fridge in the rooms, which is disappointing in this day and age. No continental breakfast either, but there is a restaurant attached to the hotel.

The showers are eh.... especially early in the morning. My room was pretty clean, but my business partner's room was a mess. Not only that, housekeeping keeps really weird hours and sometimes didn't even get to our room before we got back.

Some of the perks of this hotel is the pool area! However, the hotel could use an update as the blood red carpet throughout reminds me of the Shining movie!

Not a bad place to stay in Fort Wayne, but there are WAY worse, and much better for the same amount. As the saying goes, Buyer Beware!

Room tip: Request a Courtyard room!!!
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank KingjamesAllen
David W, General Manager at Ramada Plaza & Conf Center by Wyndham Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

Thank you for your review and I apologize that the Hotel did not meet your expectations. We work very hard to keep our rates low and a good value for all the amenities available. We are working on adding refrigerators and microwaves in the future to all of our rooms. I apologize for your friends room being a mess. It may have been skipped do to a do not disturb sign left on the door. We do honor these requests and will not enter a room. Our Housekeeping department keeps normal Housekeeping hours and we do have evening personnel available to provide any additional assistance needed by guests. We thank you for your business and please come back.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

We didn't have air conditioning in our honeymoon suite for 2 days. It was horrific for my bridal party to get ready the day of the wedding and then to not get any sleep at night. All the hotel did was bring a big fan to put in our room. Didn't help much. Nothing else was done.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
David W, General Manager at Ramada Plaza & Conf Center by Wyndham Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2016

My apologies for the problem with your AC unit. I apologize if you were not offered to move to another room. I will discuss this with the staff.

Reviewed 12 July 2016

Upon my arrival, I sat on the desk chair that was soaking wet. I had on white pants, terrible experience. On Saturday no one cleaned our room. We were in the room till 11, no one knocked. Room didnt get cleaned until after 7 when we returned and called the front desk

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
David W, General Manager at Ramada Plaza & Conf Center by Wyndham Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2016

My apologies for the problems experienced. I will discuss this with the Housekeeping department for immediate attention. We do honor do not disturb signs that are left on the doors. Please try us again.

Reviewed 12 July 2016

Good service by everyone specially Toni. Internet connection needs improvement for Apple products. Pool was very nice. Carpet needs changing. Bathrooms were good. Parking was good. Ample parking. Overall good hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
David W, General Manager at Ramada Plaza & Conf Center by Wyndham Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2016

Thank you for your review and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay and the exceptional service provided by Toni. I will share your comments with the staff and a big high five to Toni for a job well done. We thank you for your business and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.