“Good fast service”

Hainan House
Ranked #132 of 733 Restaurants in Fort Wayne
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 30 November 2015 via mobile

We are regulars. Good food clean and reasonable prices. I recommend this place. You will find it nicer than others in town.

Reviewed 17 July 2015

We went here on Wenesday July 15th for dinner.I usually go to the Vietnamese Pho but I ordered the N1 soft fried noodles with shrimp chicken and beef My Husband got the Happy Family (seafood) It was very good and the flavor excellent..My Husband scraped his plate clean..I took my leftovers home .Of course we had appetizers..Great potstickers ( I could have eaten them all myself, but I shared with Husband LOL). some crab rangoon (good) and their wonderful shrimp toast ( al lot of Asian places don't make it anymore) The service was great as usual . Our waitress very nice and friendly..Owners just as sweet as she can be. ANd they remember you...An abover par Chinese-Vietnamese (limited) Restaurant.. Will return again

1  Thank Marie H
Reviewed 14 July 2015

Hainan House is a really solid go-to place for Chinese food. The food is fresh tasting and not greasy. The recently added Pho is especially good. We generally carry out, but the fish tank is a nice, entertaining feature if you have kids along.

Reviewed 1 March 2015 via mobile

I used to go to Hainan House a lot when I was a child, but hadn't been there in years since I'm not around the area much anymore. Decided to try it again today. We went for a late lunch. I got General Tso's Chicken and my fiancé got the Pho. We also got Tomato Beef Soup, egg rolls and Crab Ragoon. The Tomato Beef Soup is amazing. It tasted just as good as I remember from my childhood. The egg rolls and crab ragoon were okay. The crab ragoon seemed a bit runny on the inside, but it tasted good. The General Tso's Chicken came in a great sauce. Just a hint of spice but nothing overwhelming. It was the perfect portion size for lunch and was a great value at $6.00. The Pho tasted very fresh and was some of the best Pho I have tasted in the area. They give you lots of items to customize the Pho to your liking. It was also a great price at $7.00-$9.00 depending on your choice. The only concern I had was that the food came out a little too fast. There wasn't enough time to enjoy one item before others were brought out. The atmosphere was clean and inviting. The fish tank in the middle of the room is also neat to look at. Overall, it was a great experience for a great price. We will definitely try to frequent here more often.

1  Thank summere626
Reviewed 4 February 2015

Due to the bad weather and the roads being just okay we decided not to travel too far away from home....Never been here but have went by this place hundreds of times...Decided to go today....Got there around 5:00pm...

Warm welcome, clean and well lite...the parking lot was pretty clean as opposed to some we went to and I thanked the owners for that.....Got prompt and very friendly service.. there were 2 tables already in there...

Got the pho (love good Pho)..It was very good...beef, no meatballs..They have several kinds of Pho beef....and the usual bean sprouts, jalepeno, Thai basil and I asked for some hot chili oil...We also got crab rangoon (very good) egg rolls (ditto) and some delisious shrimp toast...also sampled some hot and sour soup..Best I have had in awhile...

Also got HaiNan Special Fried Noodles..Excellent...and some regular LoMein with all the meats and shrimp .. the sauces on both of these were excellent....My Husband got a glass of Plum wine..sweet refreshing ( yeah I took a sip) There Coke was served from a can and a glass of ice..I like that idea... We were checked on by the owner and chef ..He was so nice and the hostess ( maybe His Wife) and the waitress were right on the money...

Best Chinese I have had in a looooooooong time....Oh and the Pho....( I love Kim Vu's too) They are 2 of the very best Pho:s in Fort Wayne...Try Hainan I don't think you will be disappointed...I hope they stay the owners and remain to give such great food and service. We will be back......

1  Thank Marie H