Red Roof Inn & Suites Ferdinand
  • Breakfast included
USD 174
Hampton.com
USD 108
All reviewsthe mexican restaurantrecommend this hotelred roofvery nice place to staybeds were comfortablewould stay againindoor poolindianamonasteryinterstate
Reviewed 17 July 2016

Ceiling was leaking and towlet broke wouldn't recommend to anyone they use this hotel. Then when got downstairs for breakfast in the morning they was no items to eat out of everything. Understaffed so they couldn't keep up with food. Spent 150 for what they offered didn't stand up to price.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Red Roof I, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Ferdinand, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Dear Guest.

We are sorry for your experience at our hotel. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to correct these issues. We pride in our guest experience to be a wonderful stay. I'm deeply sorry for this.

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

My husband is the head coach of two softball travel teams. We were planning to reserve rooms in Ferdinand , Indiana, for a softball tournament. Our plan was to go to Holiday World on a Friday, then spend the night and be a few minutes away from Dale, Indiana, where our teams would be playing. Two weeks prior to the event, my husband called the RedRoof Inn to reserve a block of possibly seven rooms. Hunter assured us we would have a discount on our room, which was a suite and then $99 for rooms with 2 queen beds. Upon arrival, we were denied the discount. The clerk at the desk said they could not give us that price for a weekend rate. We were never given a confirmation number, but our suite WAS discounted. We considered this proof of a promise to discount our blocked rooms. They were charging our additional rooms $140. We were assured the manager was on his way to help us. Later we were told the manager was very busy, and finally he was called away on an emergency. By this time, it was late and a few of our families decided to drive the 2.5 hours home. The front desk attendants were relentless and unwilling to provide us any discounted price, we felt helpless and taken advantage of. When we found rooms for $149 at the Baumount Inn, we decided to leave. The staff at RRI was rude and disrespectful, we feel the manager was unwilling to acknowledge their attendant quoted us a discounted price. The whole ordeal ended with many families without lodging and forced to drive home after a long day at the theme park. Stay clear of this hotel, they don't back up their word, and customer service is nonexistent.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Amy R
Reviewed 7 July 2016

On June 19, 2016 I went on line and made reservations through Hotels-Rates.com (Orbit) for a room for three adults and a child. No problem. When I got to the hotel the next day, there was a changing of desk workers. The woman who came out was still dressing as she approached the desk. I gave her my name and the reservation number. She wanted to see the credit card. I gave it to her. She told me the charge. I told her that it was already paid for. She put it on my card anyway and said that it was just a hold until Orbit sent the payment which was to be the next day.
When we got to the room it looked nice, however, the TV only had one channel. Imagine a kid watching only CNN whenever in the room. We notified the front desk, the same check-in person came up, checked it and said she would send someone up. No one ever came. When we went for showers, there were not enough towels so we attempted to call for more...the phone did not work, plugged in but no dial tone. We went down for towels and let the attendant know about the broken phone. She said she would send someone up. No one came and by the way the towels that she gave me were dingy with big brown spots on some of them.
The next day, we got up for breakfast which was to ended at 10am. Ok, we got there at 9:50...so we thought, no breakfast, our fault because we were late. But the next day was the same thing when we got there 30min. earlier. We noticed that the breakfast person was running back and forth to the front counter and breakfast room. We left for Holiday world...returned that evening and the room was not cleaned. We went for more "dirty" towels.
The next day was checkout. My checkout form had my name but the credit card and address of another person. I pointed it out and demanded that she put the second billing back on my account and provide an additional discount for the many inconveniences. She said it would be taken care of by the following day. I called the next day, she said that by the next Friday. I phoned the next Thursday, she said it had been put back on. I checked Friday, Saturday and with my bank...it was not back on and the bank said it was not shown as pending. I called, told her what the bank said. It was back on the next day. However, I have been calling for retribution for the inconveniences. They say the manager or owner is not available, one day I called 3 different times times and no one answered. The last time was today...she held the phone and said nothing.... so I am still waiting for compensation for the really poor service.
By the way, the lady who I often spoke with said nothing was wrong with the TV, that I just didn't know how to use the phone, the workers always cleaned the rooms very well and that she herself washed the towels. There was no explanation as to why the breakfast was put away before time. Good look if you go there.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2016

I can tolerate a lot when it comes to hotels and staying away from home, but I was disappointed in my stay here. When we walked into our room our television and only two of the five lights worked in the room. I called about the television, which she did fix by replacing the box, but no one ever came to fix the lights. Our room was on the first floor, same as the pool. I don't know if it was because of the pool or what, but our room/carpet felt wet the entire stay. The pool door never shut and locked, which I consider dangerous when small children are present and could walk right in. The pool was small, and came up to only around 3' deep. It was great for small kids, but adults couldn't swim unless they liked dragging their stomach/knees along the bottom. The free breakfast was okay. We were there only two days and it was the same menu both days, so I can't say if they switch it up any or not. The dining area was small, so not many people could be in there at once. The one good thing about this hotel was the staff, they were all nice. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was clean. If it wasn't for the dampness, I could overlook the rest.

Stayed: June 2016
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

For 130 a night I would expect more. We were in town to go to Holiday World and this hotel is very close. The pool was gross, there were clumps of hair in the pool and on the side of the pool and they were tree for several days. It smelled like fish and was just not clean in the pool area at all. The bathroom looked recently updated and was somewhat clean. The room wasn't bad, clean enough. Breakfast area looked recently updated as well and was the norm, waffle maker, boiled eggs, and the usual bagel, muffins, and cereal. Staff were very nice and helpful.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family