All reviews the mexican restaurant very nice place to stay beds were comfortable would stay again indoor pool indiana monastery convenience
Reviewed 23 July 2015 via mobile

We had a reasonable price for a summer weekend: about 100.00 including tax for one night. However, others in our party weren't so fortunate at the time of booking. Their price was 166.00 plus tax. Way too much for this property, especially when you consider there is a new Comfort Inn right across the road, and a few other options. Ferdinand Inn was clean and the room large. Mini fridge/freezer worked great. Convenient to Santa Claus (Holiday World), Sisters of St. Benedict Monastery, St. Meinrad, and a couple of wineries. We didn't partake of the included breakfast. Plenty of parking on site. CVS Pharmacy across the road, Wendy's, and a convenience store/gas station on the same side of road as the Ferdinand Inn. Easy on/off I64. Heard from desk clerk this will soon be a Red Roof Inn.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
HotelResponse_2015, Owner at Red Roof Inn & Suites Ferdinand, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2015

Dear Janet T,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay with us here at Ferdinand Inn. I am so glad to know that you found our hotel to be clean, that your room was large, and that the mini fridge/freezer worked great for you. Many guests love our convenient location in regards to Holiday World.

Thank you for being our guest! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 21 July 2015 via mobile

Checked in after day at Holiday world and dark haired young lady was very accomadating and polite. We got a king suite with plans for our two girls to share sofa bed. We've done this many times and they like this. The sofa bed was actually a twin love seat, very tiny and thin worn mattress. We had to move mattress to the floor as the pullout was crooked and weird. We asked for a cot. It was very lumpy. We used sofa pillows to make it sleepable. The room had a strong odor. Room looked freshly painted so we assume it was paint fumes. We were right by pool. But it wasn't loud in our room. Pool was tiny and too crowded. The bathroom was nice and clean. Towel bar was falling out of wall. Did not complain since it didn't really impact us and girl was super swamped and could probably do nothing about it. WI fi was good first night, but bad next day. Breakfast hours are over at 930 eastern. Holiday world is cdt and opens at 10. Therefore you have to get breakfast by 830 cdt and have 1.5 hrs to kill before park opens. Why not stay open till 1030? I get that if it's free (beggars can't be choosers) but there are very few places to get breakfast in the area. Breakfast was typical free hotel food. An extra waffle griddle would be nice. They did not strictly adhere to their breakfast hours. Bottom line people get what you need if you ask (towels, cot, sheets, in our case) but it would be nice if they could better anticipate the needs. They look to be in midst of a remodel. I may come back again to see what is like in the future since they were so nice there.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephanie C

Dear Stephanie C,

I greatly appreciate you giving us the benefit of doubt considering your several "bumps" during your stay. I am so sorry that the pull out bed wasn't as you had expected, that the WiFi was unreliable, and that the breakfast isn't open longer. I am thankful for all of your suggestions and will look into them.

Thank you so much for being our guest. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 18 July 2015

We booked over the phone - after searching the internet for comfort inns near holiday world - I booked - and received my confirmation in June which stated "Comfort Inn - Ferdinand" - so - you can imagine my surprise when I pulled in to see the sign said, "Ferdinand Inn" - after checking in - I was told that it was NOT a choice hotel any more - it had been sold in November of 2014 - and I would NOT be getting my reward points. I was furious to say the least.

IN addition - they were doing some construction (of course to be expected) but that brought in bugs - ants, water bugs - and - even a snake in the entry way to the lobby!

The breakfast looked like it was on its 5th day of being "warmed back up" so we went across the street to McDonalds - for a family of 7 it cost me an additional $35 on top of having TWO rooms for TWO nights that weren't credited.

I went across the street to where they'd built a new comfort inn - and they said they were well aware- many customers had the same experience - and their national "choice hotel" rep had been there just the day before to run an investigation.

Also - I have to have wifi for work - the wifi connection was horrible - didn't work for any of our apple or android devices - don't come here if you have to work or need wifi.

Will never do business here again. Very disappointed in the customer service.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank tobo61

Dear tobo61,

I am so sorry to hear that you were misinformed about the choice status of our hotel, that our recent construction to caused pests, and that you were very unsatisfied with our complimentary hot breakfast bar.

I do greatly appreciate you bringing this all to my attention, and I will work hard to correct the misinformation being given, as that is unacceptable to me.

Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 16 July 2015

Almost new hotel, staff was very friendly and hotel is conveniently located to convenience stores and restaurants. We took my son and one of his friends to Holiday World, so this hotel was great for us.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris M
HotelResponse_2015, Owner at Red Roof Inn & Suites Ferdinand, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2015

Dear Chris M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay with us here at Ferdinand Inn. I am so glad that our staff was very friendly and that you found our hotel to be conveniently located to Holiday World. Many guests enjoy our close proximity to Holiday World.

Thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed 15 July 2015

Don't say you haven't been warned! Do NOT stay at this hotel. And don't be deceived by the construction in the lobby. We stayed there this past weekend while visiting Holiday World. We reserved two rooms. First off, the hotel staff was extremely RUDE. Secondly, OMG, the rooms were disgusting and I have a ton of pictures to prove it. In one room, there were public hairs from the previous guests on the tub and sink. The ceiling was completely flaking off and the border in the tub was starting to fall off. The sink had damage as well. There were multiple stains on the carpet and it was soaking wet. The hot water barely worked. In the second room, there were finger nails and nail polish chippings in the tub and the carpet was stained and smelled terrible. At 4:00 o'clock in the morning, we had to call the front desk because the noise level was unbearable. The breakfast is a total joke. At checkout, the front desk informed us that there was no manager on duty and we asked for his number because he needed someone who could resolve our issues. The number he gave us was WRONG! We have tried for over 3 days now to get a resolution from the manager and he has said he would call us back, which hasn't happened. We keep having to call him. To date, we haven't gotten any resolution from the hotel or the manager and we have called the hotel 30 times tonight and not a single person has answered the phone. I don't care how many miles you have to drive to find another hotel, DON'T stay here. On top of everything, we paid $139.99 for each room. This was NOT a cheap price. I clearly don't understand why people would say this is a excellent hotel. Don't stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Kristee A

Dear Kristee A,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay with us here at Ferdinand Inn. I am so sorry to hear that you had such a disappointing experience here. Please know that this is not how we routinely operate. We strive every day to exceed our guest's expectations. I am very sorry we were unable to do so for you.

Thank you for being our guest.