“friendly and fairly priced”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Elkhart
Reviewed 10 October 2009

I stay here every year when I travel with family for our annual Notre Dame football weekend. The staff has consistently been friendly and courteous every year. We enjoyed make the make-your-own waffle addition to the continential breakfast. There is always fresh coffee. There were football themed bakery cookies at the front desk the night before the game. The only thing I didnt like was that I ordered a crib for my daughter (8 months) and never traveled with a baby before. What I received was a "pack and play" that was kinda scuzzy. Baby slept in bed with me and hubby. I would have brought my own pack and play if I knew. Maybe this is normal when a crib is requested. Anyway, that was minor. I will know better next time. Overall good accomodations. We will be back again next year.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank gr8collie
There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn

Reviewed 15 September 2009

Room was clean, good-sized.
Open stairway so can use the steps (for a bit of exercise) instead of elevator without being creeped out.
Shower only. Enclosure is very round/curvy, including the base, so stepping out was somewhat treacherous.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank roadagainIllinois
Reviewed 30 August 2009

This was my first stay at a Sleep In; I will be honest I usally look for a Hampton Inn but decided to try this because of the difference in price and we were checking in a midnight and leaving earlly in the morning. If this is any indication of Sleep Inns they have my business. The front desk clerk was very nice and provided me with information on joining the discount club.

We stayed here while driving back from MN and was pleasantly surprised with how nice the rooms were. It's not the Hilton but the rooms were very large and very clean. The TV had more channels than we could scan through in one night and they even had mints. The furnishings were new and updated. The only negative was the hallways were a little stuffy and the free breakfast ended rather early at 9:00 but that would not keep me from staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2009

We needed a place to spend the night on our way home from Pastor School at First Baptist in Hammond Indiana. Check in was quick and easy. The room was clean and we got a great nights rest before the trip back to Pittsburgh.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 January 2009

This was my first visit to a Sleep Inn. Recent reviews in Trip Advisor built my confidence that I was finding a "hidden gem". However, from my less than personal check-in to a crashing computer & printer check-out, shattered that hope.

Upon checking in, the young lady working the counter made my welcome less than inviting by chatting on the phone during the entire process. From the conversation I overheard, I'm confident in stating her conversations were not "work-related".

After check-in, I was unable to unlock my door because the key card would not work. The multi-tasking clerk was able to quickly program new keys without missing any of her ongoing personal phone conversation.

The room was quite spacious and well-appointed. My overall impressions of cleanliness were quite positive until I discovered a handful of sunflower seeds on the floor from a previous guest. The bathroom was on the small-side, with a pocket door and a strange pod-shaped shower. The bed was comfortable. A noticeable gap in the front door allowed a steady stream of light to enter the room all night.

My room was located directly across from the pool. The thing that jumped out was the fact that the water in the pool was green! Not sure if this was from nobody having been in it to keep it moving--but I was glad my family did not stay with me on this trip. My kids would have been very disappointed in not being able to swim in the pool.

Prior to turning in for the evening, I checked out the breakfast area and noticed two donuts from earlier in the day. The next morning, those same two donuts were moved to the front of the donut tray--in front of the "fresh" ones. The breakfast was okay--offering fruits, yogurts, cereals and fresh-made waffles. It would have been nice to see more attention from the staff paid to this area. The Raisin Bran was empty and there was a serious need for some straightening and cleanup in the area.

Finally, the checkout. Apparently, express checkout is not an option as I had to checkout via the front desk. This was fine, except the computer system was extremely slow, as was the printer. I realize this was beyond the fault of the clerk at the front desk--but it was an inconvenience to have taken nearly 7 minutes to checkout.

No, this wasn't the best hotel that I've ever stayed in, nor was it the worse. For what I used it for, it served it's purpose. I will admit, I was somewhat disappointed because it did not my expectations. I'll just consider this a "lesson learned", and moved on to something else next time I'm in the Elkhart area.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)