“Good Man”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 25 September 2018

Just had lunch here for the first time. Excellent!! Previous visits had been for drinks and snacks, but the Sunday offering was excellent. Two foreign visitors plus two locals all agreed. Wonderful waitress. Smiley chef. We'll go again.

1  Thank bryanedwin

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

The simple sounding menu should not be overlooked the food here is first class.
I had a tomato and chilli soup followed by liver and bacon. I love home made soup and this did not disappoint. The gravy that came with my liver was stunning and the meal was beautifully cooked.
The service was friendly and we were made to feel very welcome. The pub is tastefully decorated and sits on the edge of a beautiful village green.
If you love good food but hate paying silly money for it this is definitely the place for you.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

We went with friends for an early birthday celebration Sunday lunch and we were a little late arriving do to s charity cycle event that closed roads nearby . The staff could not have been more welcoming and friendly, it was a delight to visit this clean cheery pub.We all went for the roast beef and were impressed with the quality of the food provided.All three staff that looked after our table were attentive , friendly and helpful. Would recommend a visit :)

Reviewed 16 June 2018

It was our fault 2 years ago having lunch just before Christmas (we always vowed never to dine out when places are ultra busy) when we had a very poor meal.However, we plucked up our courage and were happily surprised. Food was good with excellent servce despite the pub catering for many walkers at the same time.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank billbraithwaite2017
Reviewed 18 May 2018

I was hosting 2 friends from Canada and we decided to do the nationally featured walk from Woburn through the park and back to Woburn via Eversholt. Being from overseas I thought a meal at a typical English pub would be a highlight of their visit. I checked the website that morning and it it indicated lunches served on that day from 12 to 3pm. We arrived eager for our "pub" lunch at 1.20pm. Asking for the menu I was told "we have decided to stop doing meals now"!! Can you imagine my embarrassment when I had to explain to my guests lunch off but they can offer a bag of crisps!! Deciding to settle for a drink and crisps we then had to suffer the indignity of seeing 3 other couples being served food. The website states "a hidden gem, with a welcoming atmosphere, superb regional cuisine"; certainly not my experience and I will certainly avoid this mistake in future.

Date of visit: May 2018