“Don't Stay! My stuff was stolen.”

Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Columbus
Denver, Colorado
“Don't Stay! My stuff was stolen.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

Went out for about a hour and when I returned Computer was missing and also IPod gone!!!
If you are going to deal with rude people and take all your stuff with you everywhere you go this is the place for you. I would not return here if my life depended on it

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Beabout222, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside, responded to this review, 16 August 2011
This reveiw is incorrect. The laptop computer was found by another guest in the parking lot of our hotel. It was turned into the front desk and returned to this guest by me, personally and one of my desk clerks witnessed this and so did her husband. Later on the guest came to the desk (without her husband, this time) and claimed that she had an Ipod stolen. She did check out of the hotel and we were kind and apologetic and even comped her room. Obviously the cleanliness of the hotel and all the other low scores had no pertinence to her situation and I resent her implication that anyone on staff is dishonest. We have returned jewelry, wallets, cameras and money. We have little turnover here and I am proud of my staff and our property is a Gold award winner for customer service and cleanliness so there are others that agree and share mty pride.

Sharon Beabout

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Newburgh, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

Overall, my initial impression of this property was not a bad one from the lobby. Arrived to witness a guest complaning about a bad experience but thought nothing of it. Again nothing initially appeared to be terrible on first look in the room - typical low cost hotel with few amenities and dated and a little rough on the edges. However, when I got into the bed Saturday evening, I found a disturbing amount of bed bugs! Many were crawling between the comforter and flat sheet, and more between the flat sheet and fitted sheet. After waking my daughter to check her bed, we found no problem there. The front desk attendent (assistant manager I think?) said they "have heard of other hotels around Columbus having problems with bed bugs", but claimed they did not. Obviously, she was wrong! I would recommend spending another $10-20 per night and try a different property.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Redtomatobone
Paris, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2011

I wish i could bring the comfort and hospitality with me on every trip. The Sleep Inn, in columbus,IN is by far the best. The manager is a WONDERFUL woman.

Room Tip: Speak to Mrs. Beabout !
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank OneRoamer
Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2011

We stayed here based on other positive reviews and weren't disappointed. It was very easy to get to, close to the highway, but far enough away to be quiet. The lobby appearance was very nice, large breakfast area and very spacious rooms. They had a very nice set up like large counter above the drawers which had the TV on it with plenty of space. There was a nice micro/fridge and a very nice shower. The pool was one of the warmest ones I've been in. They also had a very large business area set up like a living room.

The desk people, both at check in and check out were fine. However, as an Elite Choice member, we were given coupons to give employees who thanked us for our status. They would get extra "points". None of the three people who worked with us mentioned it, so they didn't get the certificates. I was looking forward to giving them out, I figured they knew about the promo, guess not. I'll save them for the rest of the trip and maybe I can make someone else's days.

Yes, there were restaurants nearby, but don't bother with Demetri's, no-one ever came to help us. IHOP was attentive, but the food was OK, but both are within walking distance. Yeah, you may want to drive to eat. Overall, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2011

I have stayed at many Sleep Inn's throughout the country and this was the best! The rooms were immaculate, the breakfast was great, the heated pool was actually HEATED. I was told at check-out by the Assistant Mgr. that it was the "upper crust" of the Sleep Inn brand, because it is a Sleep Inn & Suites but I paid less to stay there than any other hotel at the Columbus exit! I WILL return!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
0.3 km away
Residence Inn Columbus
#4 of 10 in Columbus
12.8 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Edinburgh

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Lakeside? Share your experiences!