All reviewsopen to the publicstep back in timebed and breakfastmiller suitehistoric mansionb bsperiod furnitureterrace overlookingchristian churchdownton abbeybreakfast was deliciousgardens are beautifulturn of the centuryplace to stayrelaxing weekendan overnight stayarchitectural tour
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Stayed in the WG Irwin Suite on the top floor for 2 nights. Just awesome. So comfortable and grand. Pretty cool knowing I stayed in the room where Columbus the movie was shot. The room was spotlessly clean, as is the entire property.

The property is full of history, and original period furniture. It feels like you're stepping back in time with every room. We read books from the library and found Irwin family hotel receipts from a London trip in the mid 20's tucked into guidebooks from the time. Amazing.

Brittany makes a delightful and fulfilling breakfast and thoughtfully catered to my vegan diet. She also places wine in the library at 5pm to enjoy a glass with other guests or on your own, and she knows all about the history of the place.

In terms of location, it can't be beat. It's directly adjacent to the visitors centre where the Miller House and Architectural tours start, and you're in walking distance to the downtown restaurants and all the amazing architecture the city has to offer. The Gardens were being reno'd but they'll be amazing when they're all ready.

Two food and drinks tips would be Uplands Brewery, and Henry Social Club. Both top draw places to hang out!

Room Tip: Choose the WG Irwin suite is budget allows - it's great!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

A friend of mine had booked this and although I had seen the movie Columbus where the Inn is featured I had no idea how beautiful it is. I was stunned by the opportunity to stay in this historic stunning house. The innkeeper was lovely and gave us a tour around the house, complimentary wine and made us yummy breakfast (and healthy for once in the us). The gardens were not yet in bloom but still beautiful so I can only imagine how cool this place is in the summer. Would love to go back on a little retreat when the gardens are in bloom if I ever have the chance! Also the city has a lot of cool architecture that is worth seeing!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2018

This inn is situated in an old mansion with spacious rooms, beautiful common areas, and a nice sized garden. We felt like millionaires from another era for the weekend. It's perfectly located for seeing some of Columbus' most interesting architecture and was, itself, featured in the movie "Columbus" (which you should see before you visit Columbus or stay at this inn). Also, very good restaurants are located within walking distance, only a few short blocks away. The innkeeper, Britney, is very friendly and knowledgeable, and was always willing to answer our questions about the history of the inn and Columbus. And her breakfasts were delicious and filling. My wife is a vegan and Britney accommodated her by making special, delicious dishes just for her. We really enjoyed our stay and highly recommend the inn.

Room Tip: Pick the suite on the top floor.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

My husband & I spent a beautiful, relaxing weekend here. Although the Inn was completely booked, we did not here another guest! The bed was super comfy. Beautiful antique furniture in our room and through out the house. Staying here is like taking a trip back in time. The Irwin house is, for the most part, like it was in 1910. Books owned by the family fill library shelves. Most of the furniture is original to the house. Keep up the preservation, we need more places like this! The gardens were not in bloom in early April but I could imagine what they must look like! The breakfast was absolutely wonderful, Anna did a great job insuring we had everything we needed. If you go, a must is the ice cream parlor/ museum. Best hot fudge sundae anywhere! We plan to return when the gardens are in bloom!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Beautiful mid-nineteenth century home with a MAJOR remodel/expansion in 1910. Amazingly pretty much everything in the home is original- furniture, books, plumbing and bath fixtures (more on that later). Innkeeper Brittany is a joy and source of knowledge about both the home and Columbus in general. We loved spending time in the library reading and talking with other guests with a fire going and glass of wine.
My only ding was the bath fixtures, being over 100 yrs old it was a bit tricky to operate the shower and get the right temp, and the plumbing takes up a fair amount of available space in the shower/tub. Absolutely part of the real 1910 experience you're paying for but a bit awkward none the less. The gardens were undergoing some renovation and weren't planted in Feb when we were there but are beautiful- I'd make another trip to see them planted and with fountains running! Two thumbs up - except for the shower.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family