“Lovely, Cozy, Charming Italian Restaurant”

Tre Bicchieri Italian Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 158 Restaurants in Columbus
Price range: USD 8 - USD 25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Small locally-owned Italian restaurant in the heart of Downtown Columbus. Outside dining available as well as a private upstairs banquet room. Decor is accentuated with local artists' work on the walls.
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Tre Bicchieri is a regular date-night stop for my husband and I, but it's an equally lovely place for lunch or for a girls' night out, or even for a fancy dinner with the whole family (kids are welcome, and generally doted on, but it's a small place that I wouldn't take very small or unruly children to).

There are a couple of regular menu standouts that we gravitate to, but I've never had a bad meal here. Our favorite appetizer is the walnut-crusted goat cheese with tomato jam (chutney?); it's warm, gooey, tangy and delicious on their house-made bread.

Hubby's favorite entree is the seafood diablo, and I adore the scallops on risotto (the preparation changes seasonally, but they're all good). The kids love the ravioli, and once my daughter ordered the giant meatball and loved it but couldn't finish it.

We don't usually have room for dessert, but I believe they're house-made by the matriarchs of the family.

Great wine list, cocktails and beer choices for a small place. On a nice day, the outdoor seating area is a great choice to eat al fresco.

Reviewed 17 August 2016

This is a family-owned, local restaurant. The vibe is warm and friendly.

I eat here at least once a week. The staff is friendly and appropriately attentive. It's easy to get in and out in an hour for a business lunch. Salads, homemade soups and pastas are all delicious. The menu changes seasonally and uses a lot of locally sourced foods.

It's also a great in the evenings. I love the salmon over rissoto and the spicy vodka sauce for dinner. Mom makes the desserts. If you order dessert, you must get a french press coffee to go with it!

There's a large event space upstairs if you need to host a large group.

Reviewed 14 August 2016

We were told several times to have coffee here and so glad we did. The french press is full bodied and smooth. Lunch and dinner were very good too. The small Cesar salad with salmon made a perfect lunch. The dinner menu included freshly flown in fish and the scallop dish was equally fresh and well prepared. Friendly service rounded out a pleasant experience-so much so that we ate here three times during our stay in Columbus. Will certainly return on our next visit!

Reviewed 13 August 2016

We had a very good meal at this restaurant. The special of the day was shark, which was cooked very well and accompanied by a host of grilled and spiced veggies. Salad and fresh bread come with most entrees. My friend had lamb with spinach and a spicy brown sauce. We were stuffed, but still managed to split a dessert of decadent cheesecake (they make all of their desserts from scratch). Estensive wine list, too. The little bistro tables out on the sidewalk were nice for people watching on a warm summer evening

Reviewed 6 August 2016

Tre B would probably prefer to be reviewed by more of a foodie who tries their specials and is blown away by the experience. I (we) go there fairly regularly when I get to the long mile stages of marathon training for a bit of a carbo load the night before a run...and order the same thing all the time. For what it is worth though, we keep coming back because of their consistent high quality, their generous portions, and their pleasant staff.

I know for sure that they are very good...but they might even be excellent.