“Laid back and easy eatin'”

Val's Famous Pizza and Grinders
Ranked #13 of 73 Restaurants in Chesterton
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Friendly atmosphere with good food and attentive staff. The pizza is very good and the sandwiches are wonderful! And they have a variety of beers on tap!

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Val's is a popular neighborhood spot. Not fancy, but very good food and service. Sometimes it amazes me what we get for the money. It is a really great value. Val's has our favorite pizza in the area, but they have very good sandwiches too. We end up there about once a week, and have always left happy, and looking forward to the next visit.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

The pizza is very good, especially the thin crust pizza. There is plenty of room to sit and the wait staff is very friendly.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Friendly, casual pizza and bar.....sometimes service a bit slow but basically a lovely piace to stop.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

We drove past because there is a scuzzy apartment house next door with grubby people staring at passersby. There is another pizza place a block or so away, but it was not air conditioned, so we went back to Val's and parked on the other side. I was really hungry, so we went ahead and went in to eat. It was obviously a local dive type hangout, with a big local following. We sat a tiny table scrunched into a small spot on the wall, I could have chosen another table, but it was filthy. Yeah, I am prissy, but aren't restaurants supposed to be clean? The bathrooms opened right into this room, it was kind of grim. Pizza was pizza, I ate it because I was hungry. I would have walked out before ordering but my husband doesn't like to do that. They need to make some changes.

1  Thank SueD816