“Great service, great food!”
Review of Namaste India

Namaste India
Ranked #19 of 73 Restaurants in Chesterton
Reviewed 16 August 2017

I dined here recently with my daughter and sister. My sister had never tried Indian food before. When the owners heard this they went out of their way to make sure she ordered something she would like and checked on us often. Their website had many gluten free menu options but when I asked to see it she told me they didn't have one but then told me everything I could order. I thought Vegetable Pakora was something in the pre-gluten free past but she assured me theirs are made with chickpea flour so would be safe for me. I'm happy to say it was! We ordered several different items so we could try a little of everything. It was soooo good!

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

To be fair we went late, about an hour before they closed, for dinner, and we were the only customers there. The waitress was nice. The decor is pretty garish- they clearly bought an old Long John Silvers and didn't bother to repaint a darn thing, so there are still fish on the walls and ship names on the booths, but they have draped brightly colored fabrics over everything to try to cover it. We have had quite a bit of Indian food at different restaurants over the years, and I would say this may be the worst we have ever had. Nothing tastes fresh at all, except the (weirdly out of place) fresh tomato and parsley sprinkles on top of everything that seemed meant to give the appearance of freshness. The naan was pretty greasy. The tikka masala was ok. The palak paneer was pretty gross, tasted microwaved or like it was just spinach from a can. The whole time we were there we were kind of imagining Gordon Ramsey trying to overhaul the place and hoping we didn't get sick from the food.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

We were staying at the Best Western which turned out to be across the street. We ordered food online and went to pick it up. We had Tandoori Chicken, Butter Chicken, Lamb Vinadaloo, and another lamb dish I can't remember the name, plus garlic naan. Everything was very good. My husband likes spicy food, so when it is advertised as spicy, it should be spicy, and it was! My favorite anywhere is Butter Chicken and this was very good. The only thing I would not order again is the the tandoori chicken. I am spoiled because we have really good Indian restaurants in the the Chicago area, and this was not up to par. But everything else was very tasty.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

We traveled through Indiana and stopped here because we absolutely love Indian food and Colorado, where we are from, has some of the best! But oh wow -- this place was a notch above the rest! Everything was absolutely delicious! Service was incredible. I would highly recommend and we will be back next year when we travel through. Thank you!

Reviewed 1 July 2017

Namaste is a strange bird...It's housed in the former Long John Silver's and they haven't gotten rid of some of the LJS decor, which is pleasingly weird. The food is SUPERB! The items on the buffet are plentiful and never dried out under the lights. This place is an amazing value with great staff. The food isn't as overtly spicy as some dishes further to the south of India, but the blend of spices is a treat to the taste buds. They do a lousy job of letting people they're right there next to Route 48, but it's worth the effort to get there and they are easy to find once you realize they exist.