“Authentic Indian”
Review of Namaste India

Namaste India
Ranked #18 of 73 Restaurants in Chesterton
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We were staying at the Best Western which turned out to be across the street. We ordered food online and went to pick it up. We had Tandoori Chicken, Butter Chicken, Lamb Vinadaloo, and another lamb dish I can't remember the name, plus garlic naan. Everything was very good. My husband likes spicy food, so when it is advertised as spicy, it should be spicy, and it was! My favorite anywhere is Butter Chicken and this was very good. The only thing I would not order again is the the tandoori chicken. I am spoiled because we have really good Indian restaurants in the the Chicago area, and this was not up to par. But everything else was very tasty.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

We traveled through Indiana and stopped here because we absolutely love Indian food and Colorado, where we are from, has some of the best! But oh wow -- this place was a notch above the rest! Everything was absolutely delicious! Service was incredible. I would highly recommend and we will be back next year when we travel through. Thank you!

Reviewed 1 July 2017

Namaste is a strange bird...It's housed in the former Long John Silver's and they haven't gotten rid of some of the LJS decor, which is pleasingly weird. The food is SUPERB! The items on the buffet are plentiful and never dried out under the lights. This place is an amazing value with great staff. The food isn't as overtly spicy as some dishes further to the south of India, but the blend of spices is a treat to the taste buds. They do a lousy job of letting people they're right there next to Route 48, but it's worth the effort to get there and they are easy to find once you realize they exist.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

The interior decor of Namaste India is so inviting. Service was excellent. We ordered Chicken Tikka Masala, regular Naan and Kashmiri Naan, and the Veg Korma. We loved everything. The spice was just right and the sauce on the Chicken was very generous. Went for dinner, brought home leftovers with the intention of having it for breakfast and may return for the lunch buffet! Can't get enough of good Indian food.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I Love...Love...Love this place! <3 I love that I can order food online and get it delivered, or call in and pick it up...or dine in the restaurant if we choose. The food it top quality, and while we have tried quite a few dishes here....we usually end up deciding on Chicken Tikka Masala, and Butter Chicken...always love the spice level and that they give you the option of mild/medium/hot. Another favorite, is the garlic naan and the papadum. Great food and great staff!