“Nice way to try different Indian foods”
Review of Namaste India

Namaste India
Ranked #19 of 76 Restaurants in Chesterton
Reviewed 11 April 2017

We have heard a lot about this place and finally decided to try it ourselves. We went at lunch time for the buffet. The female (I believe she is the owner) who waited on us was very helpful in telling us about the different foods on the buffet. Being a newbie to Indian food, this was helpful because I couldn't tell what a lot of the stuff was by looking at it. But most everything was very good and fresh. The atmosphere is kind of strange. It is an old Long John Silvers converted into a restaurant. The old booths are still there. Some might think this very strange, but I kind of enjoyed the quirkiness! The value was excellent! We will be back!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

The bombay wings are to die for. The staff is outstanding. The restaurant is clean. The have a good variety of food to pick from.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

If you're looking for a real deal Indian food, this is the place to be! I like it that it's not modified to American taste. It's real Indian taste through and through. The price is just right too. However, they can still improve in their ambience but I understand they just recently opened the place. The owners are also very warm and nice. So, overall thumbs up for Namaste India!!!

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I came with friends, most who are vegetarians, for dinner. It was our first time here. We loved it. I had the butter chicken and my husband had the goat. Our friends had the veg.samosa, the lotus root dumpling and the Gobi Masada. All were happy plus the Naan was delicious, especially the garlic. Reasonable prices. Can't wait to have the lunch buffet which is everyday between 11-3. Just remember closed after lunch till 4:30. Worth your visit

1  Thank Alice T
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Ordered carryout and was very pleased with the taste of food but also the service upon pick up and the clean & orderly way everything was packed. Chicken saag, lamb khadhai, garlic naan, and vegetable samosas were delicious! Ordered the kheer (rice pudding $5) and didn't care for it. Some rice was hard and though the dessert was creamy, it was bland. This was my first time trying kheer though so maybe that's how it's supposed to be? Pricing was reasonable for everything but the kheer, which seemed a little high to me. And FYI, the vegetable samosas ($5.95 for 2) are beyond delicious and about the size of your fist, so definitely big enough to share amongst 4 people if you divide them. I'll definitely order again and try dine in or the lunch buffet in the future.

1  Thank veritas2578