USD 74
USD 71
Priceline
New Dream Hotel(Athens)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Oscar Hotel(Athens)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 September 2015

As others allready mentioned, the woman who owns the place is extremely rude and unfriendly. We were allready warned by our friends who stayed there some days before our arrival.
She was clearly not intrested in being a good host to young people.
Upon arrival there were maybe 6 campers on the property, still she told us, we have to make a reservation and that in the evening all the campsite would be full.
The only option we had was 1!!! spot next to the road, witch is extremely loud and busy.
Later that evening i walked around to check if the story was true, but as i expected there were still many places free. So it was clear that they are also lying to certain visitors. (Our friends had the exact same situation)
They also promised that if there was a place left on the good part of the campsite we could move there in the evening. Another lie ....
Also the next day a young couple was eating some of there own breakfast in the suncovered area and they were send away to sit somewere else because they didnt buy it on the property.
At the end we had to pay 30 euros! for the worsed place on the campsite. And 10 euro just to do our laundry!!!
I could go on with more stories and the bad experiences from our friends on this campsite. Dont waste your money, look for an alternative.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank thomas h
Reviewed 3 September 2015 via mobile

My stay here was short only one night. Upon arrival I was fairly pleased. Not a very big site but it still had plenty of room to park. The man at reception when I arrived spoke very decent English and gave me a couple of maps of the city and told me all of the busses/metro lines to take to get to the major tourist attractions. They sell bus 70 min bus and metro tickets at reception and they are only 1 euro 20.

After I checked in he showed me exactly where to park and helped me back in even though I had other people in the motorhome to back me. The one downside I had in the customer relations department was the need for early checkout. I need to leave 2 hours prior to reception opening. When I inquired about it I was told to com back 3 hours later (between 3 and 11). This was inconvenient timing but I needed to checkout. When I arrived back for the early checkout the lady at reception, after asking me to come back later, had already cleared her cash drawer and was unable to break the bill handed to her leaving me to scrounge for exact change. She did tell the overnight guard that I would be leaving early so as soon as I rolled to the gate he had it opened and ready for me to leave.

The facilities are nice. The toilet block and showers were very clean. Great water pressure and no issues with hot water. Although I did not have to use it, there were dish washing sinks, and a restaurant on site. You need to have the EU adapter too attach to the end of the typical three prong power cable for a motorhome but there are plenty of terminals all throughout the camp. WiFi was available at a cost.

Getting into Athens requires you to cross a highway at a near crosswalk that has no light. So to get to the bus stop you have to play a real life game of frogger across 6-8 lanes of traffic. After that the bus is on a 10 minute rotation about a 20 minute ride then a metro to wherever you want to go. Fairly typical transit time for city camping I believe. Cab fares (if not ran around long routes) were around 10 euro/ride.

I would return to this campsite for a longer stay. The worst part is playing frogger. Everything was cleaner and friendlier than the average camp I have stayed at to date.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2015

We spent around 2 weeks at athens camping in the off season. Using the campsite to explore athens also go home for christmas and fly out to kenya. We found the lady at reception very helpful, its easy access to the centre of athens, bus then subway (athens camping can provide day tickets for your first trip) supermarket 100m away. Port 30mins drive. Airport 1h bus-subway €8
Showers are excellent very hot and powerful
Easy access to the centre
Supermarket walking distance
Internet access ok
All the facilities for a good campsite
Laundrette next door
Coffee shop 30m

Noisy main road
Expensive ( but lucky it's here- it's the only green space for miles)

Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Craig H
Reviewed 10 December 2014

The woman from reception was extremely rude and unpleasant, so rude in fact that we decided to leave the site after just two hours. Apparently we had parked in the wrong spot, and should have called them on arrival - despite the fact that the staff were nowhere to be seen when we got there. I would strongly advise against staying at this campsite. It is extremely expensive at 30 Euros a night, and a most unpleasant experience.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ShaunRobertson
Reviewed 14 September 2014

The woman in reception is awful, shouting at me because I didn't know how long I will stay. Lying to me saying that after 4 days it will be full and so I can only stay only if there are cancellations. Finally it was empty !!! I should have gone to an other place (2 campings in kifissias) but as my luggages were very heavy it was difficult. And then she made me pay one day more because I left after 14. No consideration on my own situation which didn't permit me to know when I had to go.
The staff is more kind. She despises them: no tip box for them. She's lying a lot : told that she called the police but didn't,... Care !
This camp is good for people who only want a clean and safe place for sleeping. If you want a "family and friendly atmosphere" (as they pretend on the website) go to an other place !

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business