See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Rooms reek of smoke, bugs crawling on bed. In terms of value, vastly overpriced.
Stay outside of Bloomington if you have to.

New management could fix this place. Put special paint on the walls to seal all the smoke smell into the walls, repaint the rooms, and provide adequate anti-bug actions and this would be a decent hotel. But not now. It’s a place to avoid.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Bloomington - Indiana University, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Dear Joel, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. We have procedures in place related to our pest policy that should have prevented the inconveniences you describe. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please accept our apologies that your stay was less than satisfactory. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

the room was in some disrepair. there was an odor in the room and the bathroom door did not shut all the way
Curtain rod was falling off the wall holes in the bedspread...etc.

the Check in was painless and Don was very helpful and pointed us to a good restaurant and give good directions to where we needed to go for the event we were attending.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the maintenance and odor concerns you describe. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Booked the room online before I flew in for a family medical emergency.
- Smelled musty which didn’t dissipate even after 10 hours (AC set to 65F degrees & both AC fan and bath fan were on constantly).
- Gap beneath the door was wide enough for rodents &/or snakes to enter.
- Floors appeared really dirty so I didn’t walk around barefoot.
- No shower curtain.
- Burn hole in top sheet, though sheets looked & felt laundered.
- TV reception grainy, however I left on as deterrent & for local AM news.
Why then did I stay? It was paid for; room availability scarce due to university students moving in; I only needed place to catch some shut eye & shower.
** Lessons learned: check out room immediately, if not acceptable, ask for different room or get refund.
Reception, however were really friendly!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. Please know the conditions you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

It's pretty bad. We arrived for IU graduation and had two rooms... one for my wife and I and one for her parents. Both rooms smelled like smoke even though every door has a sign on saying it's a state law that you can't smoke in the rooms. There are cigarette butts everywhere. We ended up getting new rooms and they were slightly less smoky but also really musty. I will say this on the positive side: The people are very nice. The location to the school and also the main streets to arrive and leave is very good. There is a quickie-mart/gas station nearby and a Steak & Shake across the street. There is coffee in the lobby. When we had an issue in the room, the man I spoke with in the lobby was on it very quickly. There is wifi here that seemed to be decent. On the bad side, the rooms are just really, really trashed. Everything looks warn. Walls are dirty, trim and molding are damaged, unmatched, etc. The floors were dirty. I got out of the shower and walked across the room and my feet were black. The TVs are old-school and giant... not flatscreens. There is a push-button phone in the room. Our toilet clogged (room 203... careful of that toilet) and I asked the guy in the lobby to help and he did... quickly. But then it clogged again so I just asked for a plunger which they gave me. I ended up plunging the toilet just every time the toilet was used which is not good. I realize it would probably be REALLY expensive to remodel a place of this size but it desperately needs some help. The shower worked well, the towels were clean, the staff was emptying trash cans and cleaning things up, etc. but I also saw them sitting outside smoking in a group right near the lobby which doesn't really give the place a good vibe and it makes you wonder if the rooms are smoky because the staff is smoking while they're cleaning. I would stay again now that I know what to expect but I would probably prefer somewhere else.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank KenL60089
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Just left early after finding this guy on the pillow next to me. I come to Bloomington often for work- i Work nights, so i sleep during the day. After my first “days” sleep, i noticed i was itchy but wasn’t sure what from. Added on another night because my immediate options were slim. I woke up multiple times, still felt itchy. Then i Work up around 2- rolled over and this guy was right there! Took a quick shower and reported it to the front desk- which the guy looked like he’d been sleeping- he offered another room but by this time (about 3pm) there was no point - i leave for Work at 6 and wouldn’t be able to sleep anyways. He said i would have to call the manager “tomorrow”.... nothing he could do. No apology or anything. Seemed like this was a casual, common occurrence. I had 4 more trips planned and i cancelled them. The really unfortunate thing is that it was graduation weekend, therefore prices were jacked up! $110 a night!! Also I have to go spend 12 hours saving lives with very little sleep and i have to drive home 3 hrs in the am.... all around sucks! Not to mention there are bites down my arm, shoulders, and feet... and they ITCH!
Besides the bedbug i found, the bed was super uncomfortable and pillows flat. The floor near the bathroom felt like it would give way any moment. No blowdryer or usb adaptor for charging phone.
Only go here if completely desperate.... but probably have better sleep in your car!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Bloomington - Indiana University, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Chrysti, We take bed bugs reports very seriously and sincerely apologize for your experience and for the unsatisfactory response you received to your complaint. Please know that we are on high alert regarding this issue and are mindful to monitor our rooms in order to address, treat and terminate any issues if we discover them. We have designed a thorough and strict procedure to address all complaints or potential issues within our hotel. Unfortunately, bed bugs are a world-wide problem and present a unique challenge due to their highly transient nature, traveling easily in luggage and clothing. This is why we continually train our housekeeping staff to proactively monitor all guest rooms for the potential presence of bed bugs and have standing contracts with professional exterminators to treat affected areas in case any are discovered on our premises. No room get released until we have and all-clear from them. Please contact our guest relations department to better address this situation: 1-855-787-9864. Thank you again for bringing this issue to our attention.