All reviews front desk room was clean the holiday inn the breakfast area choice hotels yogurt quiet hotel sliding door in town short drive would stay here again great place to stay my daughter nice stay staff was very friendly indiana university free breakfast
Reviewed 21 July 2018

We stayed here because it had a good price with decent ratings, and the location (close to IU) was right. It was okay, with some good features (location/price, nice outdoor pool big enough to swim in, fridge in room, adequate if not great breakfast), but was awfully run down to the point of being somewhat depressing.

The room seemed dated in many ways. Painted sliding door on bathroom was awkward, bedspread had noticeable stain, overall it just seemed old and not well taken care of. The tea bags on the coffee service tray were sort of crumpled. When we first walked in the room the air was fine but very cold, as the A/C had been left on high. We turned it down for a more comfortable temperature (not off, just at a normal temperature), and when we walked in later on the air was muggy; I guess that's why it been left on so high.

Overall I'd probably pay a bit more to stay at a nicer hotel next time, although this was fine as a place to stay for a night for a college visit, and I wouldn't totally rule it out for a return stay.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2018

The rooms are clean and reasonably well appointed, if a little dated. The staffing was light, but they worked hard to take care of me and my family on our three night stay. The person who helped us best enjoy our stay was Cameron. He was very helpful with a number of things we needed throughout our time there. He's a true shining star!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Michael G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

Thank you very much for staying with us. We are happy you found Cameron's service. We hope to see you again as your travels bring you back to Bloomington.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Stayed for one night. The room was fine (the AC kept out the 90 degree heat outside), but the public areas (hallways and elevator) were in need of attention. There was dirt clods in the elevator and lots of dirt in the hallway. I saw a load of construction guys in the breakfast room, so maybe they're the reason so much dirt got tracked in. Breakfast was fine, but the small area where it is served can get jammed up at peak times.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad you enjoyed getting out of the heat and we hope to see you on your next trip.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

I was bring my Daughter to IU for summer misic camp , and I always stay at a choice hotel property. I am almost always happy. In this case I was very happy. I need to point out the reason I was happy is because of Teresa. When I arrived I was greeted with kind words and a smile. When I needed more towels I got them right away. What made Teresa such a great person is her dedication. One of out beds had gum. Clearly the cleaning missed . When I talked to Teresa she came to our room in under 5 min and changed the sheets, but also made sure she Sked me and my family if everything else was ok. We were greatly to her for making our stay a nice one.

Room tip: Really if all the rooms were like mine there all nice .
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your review and for mentioning Teresa's service. Thank you for your loyalty to Choice and to my hotel. WE hope you enjoyed Bloomington and will honor us with a future visit.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Room was comfy yet the walls are very thin so you hear every time the rooms use the bathroom. Breakfast nook was small and uninviting they offered waffles which was plus yet everything was quick serve. The staff was polite

Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for your candid review. Our waffles are to be considered a plus and we do have a lot of guest who come here for them.We hope to see you again.