All reviews the main house roosevelt room cool evening bed and breakfast breakfast was delicious off street parking gas fireplace quiet neighborhood downtown bloomington modern amenities iu campus small kitchenette grounds are beautiful front porch room was spacious homemade cookies walk in shower
Reviewed 23 March 2018

We were celebrating our 35th Wedding Anniversary on this trip. We stayed at Showers Inn two nights, enjoyed the homemade breakfasts and the cookies....Our accommodations were excellent and our stay was very enjoyable. Thank you Showers Inn, you made our long weekend very special.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2018

We loved staying at Showers Inn during my first trip back to IU since I had graduated 10 years prior! Perfect location to show my husband the whole campus and charm of B-town! We stayed in “A Cool Evening” and the room was spacious, comfortable and beautiful. The breakfast in the morning was to the nines, too! Dozens of options warm and ready to fill us up during a snowy, cold couple of days.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2018

We loved this place for central location, historic site, beautiful details, commodious rooms and baths and an excellent breakfast. Can't beat this one.
Showers Inn was built by the Showers family as their home. His factory built the furniture for the Sears Catalog ca 1890-1930.

Room tip: select from main showers inn or guest house (composer's house?) across garden and parking lot.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2018

The Showers Inn staff was amazing!! I truly enjoyed eating breakfast there each morning and having conversation about the history of the Showers Inn and Bloomington. The food was terrific! My stay at the Showers Inn was extended and I looked forward each evening returning to my very comfortable room. Especially loved the homemade cookies that were waiting each evening upon my return. I truly enjoyed my stay at the Showers Inn and would highly recommend them to anyone!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Lora N
Reviewed 27 November 2017

Very attractive main building, historical but restored and maintained perfectly. The
Composer House where we stayed is across a parking lot that is convenient and spacious. Rooms were large, finishes and fixtures were up to date, bathrooms very nice, clean and well appointed. The breakfast was served in the main house and was delicious. Staff was attentive but not overbearing. It's near the downtown restaurant strip
( 3 blocks to the square) but all is walkable.
If you are parents visiting your IU student this is perfect. It's actually pretty perfect
regardless.