All reviewsmain streetbehind the counterthe young ladycancer centerwould definitely stay here againgreat cafeart decohotel is locatedhome away from homethe hotel staffpatientslobbypillowsshuttledeskdryerinternet
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed one night on our way to a long weekend in Chicago. I chose it based on the pictures. We were looking for a non chain hotel. This place was just what we were looking for. Not a 5 diamond hotel but super cute. Easy, quick check in. Multiple, nice sitting area around lobby. Great cafe off lobby for breakfast. Hung out, had coffe and breakfast while researching plans for the day in front of the fireplace. Want to come back in summer and walk around exploring the area.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
MarketHost, General Manager at The Inn at Market Square, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

We're so delighted that you appreciated our unique property here along the shores of Lake Michigan. Your kind words will be shared with our entire team as our objective is to exceed your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again in the summer and be sure to check out our Metra station only a few blocks away from the hotel that provides daily service into Chicago as well as Kenosha, WI for an endless variety of attractions and activities. The marina also opens in April and offers charter trips, sightseeing, fishing and a full service restaurant on the pier with live music on the weekends. Again, thank you for taking the time to respond and we're so very happy to have had the opportunity to serve you both.

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

I recently stayed here for four nights while attending a course at a local medical facility. The temperature in the room was way too hot and forced me to open the balcony door(overlooking a run down business) to let in 30 degree air. The staff did little to remedy my discomfort, nor did they bother to check in on my comfort after my report. Two mornings later I was blessed with a frigid shower. The decorative linens on the bed were soiled. As were the curtains and shower curtain. The carpets are worn and need to be stretched. Upon check out I stood at the front desk for 15 minutes ( I rang the bell 3 times) before anyone appeared behind the desk. I should have stayed at the less expensive inn down the street where my colleague was.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
MarketHost, General Manager at The Inn at Market Square, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts; we rely on our guests' input to make changes when needed and to help train our team members. The room A/C is adjustable to 66 degrees and I would hope our team was able to share that information when you contacted them. We are in the midst of a property wide renovation, as I hope you noticed as you entered the newly completed main lobby. The carpeting on the upper floors is our next focus, but soiled linens would never be acceptable under any circumstance. If you would please contact me directly, I would like to better understand what you obviously experienced. I will address the Front Desk presence today in a meeting with them. Often they are away from the desk due to a guest emergency or need since as you know we do cater to a unique population of travelers. Thank you again for responding and I truly hope you reach out to me directly to discuss further. delaine@imszion.com

Reviewed 26 September 2017

I have always stayed there when I was having my treatments and scans at CTCA and the staff was wonderful. However, on September 16, 2017 there was luncheon going on and it seems the guest from the luncheon took over the hotel. They were so loud in the halls that in my room I had to turn my television up to 25 to attempt to hear it over the cackles of laughter. The restaurant was closed that evening, no coffee in the rooms any more and Callie's restaurant wasn't open on Sunday. And Monday morning I could not get a cup of coffee before I went to the hospital before my busy day of appointments even though they opened before the shuttle got there. Was so disappointed in how my favorite place had gone down hill

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
MarketHost, General Manager at The Inn at Market Square, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

For reasons I can't understand, this review is just coming to me and I'm heartbroken to imagine you thought I wouldn't want to apologize.. Yes, we often have guests outside of our CTCA family as we are a public hotel and banquet center for our region. Recently that has increased. As the healthcare industry has adjusted to the changes related to the Affordable Healthcare Act, the occupancy levels and days of arrival/departure have changed for us. It became necessary to adjust the hours of operation for our restaurant along with other changes. For the most part, this has been very positive. We are expanding and in the midst of a significant remodel of our guest rooms and public spaces. It is unfortunate that we did not get to speak to one another during your visit as our goal remains as always to exceed the expectations of all our guests. Perhaps in the future, you would consider a return visit and giving your friends here a chance to show you where we hope to go in this new chapter of our business life. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and know we wish you the very best in all things.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel is located in the center of town, walking distance to cafes and restaurants. The room was big, clean and quiet. We had a minor issue at check in but the woman helping us was new so we resolved the matter easily the following morning once more experienced staff were on duty.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
MarketHost, General Manager at The Inn at Market Square, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Thank you for your kind words and your patience with our newest team member. We strive to exceed expectations and she'll be right here to do that in your next visit! Safe travels and know we're grateful you chose Market Square.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

The area offers little to do other than a mediocre beach, a local farmers market that only meets on Thursday, gambling that is a minimum of 45 minutes to 1.5 hours away with tolls but it does offer relaxing local religious history, music, crafts, musicians, duct & fish ponds, swimming center with small water slides, 6 Flags about 30 minutes away, a small mall about 25 minutes away in the Gurnee area but for the car enthusiast there is an amassing Volo car museum about an hour away with events, wagon rides, balloons, animated musical animal show, pizza, movie props & 33 exhibits & antique, muscle & sports cars for sale. Restaurants are typical with a few local flares like Shanty's in Wadsworth Il.

Room Tip: corner rooms suites (refrigerator, couch, extra tv, stove top, microwave with kitchen utensils, etc.) at no extra charge for rm. 413
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
MarketHost, General Manager at The Inn at Market Square, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

So very glad you found so many interests in and near our beautiful City of Zion. We do have an incredibly complex history as a place of healing and spiritual renewal. It is the reason we chose to build our hotel in the heart of the historic downtown district here. We are only two blocks from the main campus for Cancer Treatment Center of America and welcome thousands of patients and their families each year who come in search of a cure. We are blessed to share that journey with them and hope they find the lakefront, farmers' market, parks and locally owned family restaurants a quiet distraction from their treatment. I wish you well with your travels and sincerely hope you are able to visit us again one day. Thank you.