See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed here during Bristol Ren Faire (10 min drive). The motel is under new ownership and we felt very welcome. Rooms were very clean and quiet. This is not a fancy hotel, but for the price it is an outstanding value. If you just need a place to crash after the Faire this place is perfect !

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rob M
Management response:Responded 5 August 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay. We are delighted to learn you had a great stay and we met your expectations as you should expect as our guest.I am certainly glad to know the rest of your stay was pleasant and hope to see you again in the near future.

BOB

Reviewed 24 June 2015

Bed was clean and room was large. Facility was a bit run down, but the price was right. Desk clerk, probably the owner, was not particularly congenial and the breakfast consisted of a box of raised donuts, but all in all, it was better than could be expected for the price. Wifi was very good. We were taking a boat out of the marina the next day, and this motel was very close. I believe the name is now "Sun Inn".

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John C
Management response:Responded 5 August 2016

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review. We truly appreciate your loyalty to the hotel as you visit the area to see your soon. We are pleased you are accommodated as you should expect from our hotel.

We look forward to your next visit !
Bob

Reviewed 5 November 2014

We had a late check in because we were traveling. There was no one at the front desk to greet us and we had to wait forever before someone came around. When we finally got into our room the 1st thing I do is check the bed.... there was HAIR in the bed! I asked for new sheets and there was none available - we switched rooms to find the next set of sheets were covered in cigarette burns - Gross again! After all of this the room we ended up in had mold growing in the bathroom tub but where wasn't anywhere else in town we could stay with out dog. The next morning when checking out the manager said he wasn't his problem and we had our DIRTY animal in the room. Disgusting place and people!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ber15
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I stayed here (at the renamed Sun Inn) for 6+ months between January and July 2014. In general my stay was a good one, providing a quiet room well within my budget. However a ceiling leak at the end of my stay left a poor taste.

Positives: Fast Wi-Fi (when it works); huge selection of Cable TV channels; generally quiet motel in a quiet & safe area; minor problems resolved quickly; desk, fridge & small microwave provided; donuts provided daily along with bagels & coffee

Negatives: Aforementioned ceiling leak which led to wet carpeting & damaged belongings after a particularly bad storm; room dusty and dirty with some areas (such as under the bed) apparently never being cleaned; HVAC unit dirty & not maintained; periodic Wi-Fi outages (once for multiple days); non-smoking rooms on the top floor often have smoke entering; sometimes there is a language barrier in dealing with the front desk

This motel gets a mix of outdoorsmen, traveling workers, and (I gather) patients from the nearby cancer center. It's cheap and, accordingly, mostly unmaintained and dirty. Towels and sheets are pretty beat-up. Housekeeping has a vacuum that does nothing but push dirt around (they have a 2nd vacuum that works better.) The on-site washer & dryer are out of service, as is the 2nd floor ice machine. However if you are willing to look past these issues, a stay here can be a serviceable experience. A couple of minor issues requiring a plumber & electrician were dealt with fairly quickly. The staff can be friendly, depending on the day. Just beware: if you do check-in, look for cracks in the ceiling, which may lead to water when a wild storm moves through.

Room Tip: 2nd floor "non-smoking" rooms have smoke issues Two rooms on 2nd floor have leaky ceilings -- look for cracks
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank etniok
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Apparently there was a misunderstanding as to the date of our reservation. I wondered about weather or not he got the numerical date right, as we repeated it back and forth several times, but we also repeated the day of the week back and forth so I thought all was well. He had quoted me a price of $50 for the room. When we got there, I was told that the reservation was for the wrong day and that they would try to get us a room ready. He charged me $65, apparently for the inconvenience to him. He said it would take about 10 min. We checked every 10 min. but they kept saying it would be about 5 more minutes. After about 40 minutes, when we asked yet again, they told us the room was ready. Although we were right around the lobby, and checking regularly, no one bothered to tell us.
During our wait, my daughter and her husband arrived with no previous arrangements. I told them they may not be able to get in there since they seemed to be struggling to get a room ready for us. They checked anyway, and got a room immediately for $50. They were settled in before us arriving 45 minutes after us, with no reservation, and at a cheaper rate.
When we finally got into the room, it was okay, although we had a roll-away instead of the double queen we had wanted. The big problem was the air-conditioner didn't work. It was on when we left for dinner, but when we came back, it had been unplugged and there was black soot around the outlet. I was afraid to plug it back in.
The room was fine (apart from the lack of air conditioning) but the trouble getting it was more than it was worth. We've stayed here years ago with no problems, but we won't be back even though it is just 1/2 a block from my brother-in-law.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family